Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to add the manual height adjustment to my 2000 LX that is now standard on the 2001, and I contacted Trevor from HandA Accessories and found out the cost is just over $52 for parts. He stated that the seat pad fabric would have to be changed over to the new seat pad/base. Does anyone have any experience with removing the seat pad fabric? If so, how difficult is it?

·
Registered
254 Posts
once you pull the seat assembly out of the van you can turn it upside down and you will see either hog rings or a white "j" shaped moulding holding the seat cover to the frame. you can pull the hog rings off with a set of pliers and the "j" moulding is a friction fit. just a note, use a can of silicone spray and coat the foam cushion before installing the new cover. this will make the installation much easier.

------------------
2000 lx,fern grey,remote starter,honda single disc cd player,honda roof rack with cross rails,honda bra, hidden hitch,csa 5 spoke alloy wheels,15% film over oem privacy glass

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just want to let everyone know (as I'm sure you all have been waiting) that I finally received the parts from HANDA to install the manual height adjustment into my 2000 LX (backordered mild beige parts). The cushion foam is a bit different, but the seat fabric seems to fit just as snug as on the original. Only the seat base moves up and down while the seatback stays put. Also, the mounting bolts were a different size, which Trevor didn't catch when we discussed the upgrade. Luckily, Home Depot had the right bolts. I had to trim the seat fabric where the adjusting knobs go. The adjusting is a bit tight, but it's loosening up. I didn't need to use any silicon spray to get the seat fabric on. And, the hardest part is removing the upholstery clips that hold the seat fabric to the frame and cushion. I needed a pair of regular pliers and a pair of needlenose pliers to work with them. I do notice a big difference in height when I drive it now, and my wife is much happier with it. She used to sit too low. And no, I don't have pictures (didn't have time).

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just modified my 1999 Ody driver's seat for manual seat adjustment per Walt43's instructions (I emailed him for the parts list) and I am very satisfied with the result. Unfortunately, Honda has significantly increased the price of the seat parts such that now the parts cost $116 from HandA. Make sure you order new bolts with the teflon washers to attach the seat. I have no pictures but the Helm manual was more than adequate for the job.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts