Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question about rear wipers washer fluid reservoir. I haven't been able to locate the reservoir. Do rear wipers use washer fluid from the the front reservoir?

------------------
A Porsche soul in a minivan body :)
----

2002 White EX
Fog Lights, Splash Guards (looking for interesting mods)

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by HillBillyOdy:
I have a question about rear wipers washer fluid reservoir. I haven't been able to locate the reservoir. Do rear wipers use washer fluid from the the front reservoir?
</font>
I assume that it does use the front reservoir. I have never refilled any other. Haven't looked in the owner's manual for this question. Have you checked there?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<body text=339900> N0, I haven't been able to find this in the owner's manual.<body text=00000>

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Steve Pert:
I assume that it does use the front reservoir. I have never refilled any other. Haven't looked in the owner's manual for this question. Have you checked there? </font>
------------------
A Porsche soul in a minivan body

----

2002 White EX

[This message has been edited by HillBillyOdy (edited 01-16-2002).]

H

·
0 Posts
At one point, I was curious about this myself and was able to trace the small hose from the reservoir in the engine compartment in front to the back.

This is in contrast with my old Mazda MPV, which has a separate reservoir in the back.

-- Hoa

------------------
GG 2002 EX-L-NAVI

·
Registered
342 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by HillBillyOdy:
<body text=339900> N0, I haven't been able to find this in the owner's manual.
</font>
Hi HillBillyOdy & Steve Pert,

The owners manual for my '01 LX has this info on page 258, the last sentence of the first paragraph on the upper left corner of the page. I quote:

"Check the level in the windshield washer reservoir at least monthly during normal usage. In bad weather, when you use the washers often, check the level every time you stop for fuel. This reservoir supplies the windshield and rear window washers."

For you 2002 owners, in case it's on a different page, I found this info under "Fluids / Windshield washer" in the index at the back of the manual.

FWIW,

------------------
Drive Safe,
Steve R.
'01 SS LX
Cargo tray, leather steering wheel, mud guards, alarm, fog lights, transmission cooler, in-dash CD player, Kelton subwoofer, under seat storage tray.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Intrepid175 and Hoa.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Intrepid175:
Hi HillBillyOdy & Steve Pert,

The owners manual for my '01 LX has this info on page 258, the last sentence of the first paragraph on the upper left corner of the page. I quote:

"Check the level in the windshield washer reservoir at least monthly during normal usage. In bad weather, when you use the washers often, check the level every time you stop for fuel. This reservoir supplies the windshield and rear window washers."

For you 2002 owners, in case it's on a different page, I found this info under "Fluids / Windshield washer" in the index at the back of the manual.

FWIW,

</font>

------------------
A Porsche soul in a minivan body :)
----

2002 White EX

·
Registered
185 Posts
My salesman made a point of mentioning this. I'm glad to see he earned a little of his commission on a car he didn't actually have to "sell".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts