Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning to install a CD changer under the driver seat for my 02' EX-L-NAV. I have a concern about the steering wheel audio buttons.
Are all the 3 audio buttons connect directly to the head unit but not to the CD changer? Whatever brand of CD changer I installed under the driver seat will not affect the fuction of those 3 buttons, am I correct? That means I can purchase any brand of the CD changer as long as it can be fit under the driver seat and it is compatible to the head unit without worrying about the steering wheel audio buttons not working, correct?
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
The steering wheel controls are tied to the head unit only, not the changer. The head unit itself controls the changer.
Provided you are talking about adding either the Honda under seat changer or any OEM brand changer that has a plug adaptor that interfaces with the Honda Molex plug, no problems or issues. Just make sure your changer is compatible for direct plug using an adaptor. Not all brands are.

------------------
-SJ (former username: shinjohn)
'01 DEP EX, and I'm workin' on it! (slowly)

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
It's not that they can't install the subwoofer or the CD changer.

It's that they can't install BOTH the subwoofer AND the CD changer.

There's room for one item--under the driver's seat--but there's not room for both items.

In non-NAV cars, there's room for both items: one under the driver's seat, one under the passenger's seat. But in the NAV model, the NAV equipment is installed under the passenger's seat.

Got it?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts