Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Caviller...Nice info on the door speaker installation. The first thing I noticed about our 01 GG EX was how bad the sound was. Really lacking in midrange clarity. I didn't consider bass response because I KNOW we will add a modest sub to the system. I am really interested to hear what people experience with the Kelton will be like. I don't need or want a big bandpass box...just something to "round out the bottom"

Here are my questions:
1)Is the door a 6.5 or 6.5S size ?
2)Any idea how to get at the dash board mounted speakers ? I have always preferred dash mounted tweeters and think these could use an upgrade too.

Thanks,
Adobeman

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
1) Not sure about size. Sony and Crutchfield call them a 6.5". It looks like they may now using 6.75" to refer to 6.5S. From a brief look at the opening, I'm guessing that speakers with large diameter magnets may not fit. Low mounting height is probably also a factor. Crutchfield's website and reps said the 1621 was the only speaker they currenty carry that is an easy fit, though others can be made to fit.

2) No idea. The LX doesn't have dash mounted tweeters:-(

Sorry I wasn't very useful, maybe someone else can help?

Parts Express also carries an interesting Coustic HS642 co-ax speaker on special at $34 each. Twice the price, but the description looks like it is a high quality driver. Also says it is a direct replacement for most Honda/Acura...

[This message has been edited by caviller (edited 02-13-2001).]

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
The dashboard speakers are easily accessed by gently prying up on the grilles. The clearance is very tight, though, so I used an .008" feeler guage blade.

------------------
Chuck

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the advice folks,

Knowing I don't have to really tear stuff apart is a big help.

Adobeman

1 - 4 of 4 Posts