Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was recently replacing my engine mounts. While I was replacing the passenger side mount, I sheared off the head of one of the two vertically oriented bolts that anchor the bracket to the engine block. I suspect that the bolt was cross-threaded when I had the belts replaced about four years ago. In any case, I have tried drilling out the broken bolt shaft to no avail. I have been told by a trustworthy mechanic that I need to replace the female threaded mount bracket, part #5. Has anyone done this? Is or as simple as removing three bolts and lifting the engine and replacing?

Thank you

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=ODYSSEY&catcgry2=2002&catcgry3=5DR+EXL+(LEATHER+RES)&catcgry4=KA5AT&catcgry5=CYLINDER+BLOCK+-+OIL+PAN

·
Registered
6,074 Posts
What a PITA. This is not common and I doubt if anyone has done this. It appears that you would replace the bracket (part #5) with 1 bolt (part #29) and 2 bolts (part #30). Good luck.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just finished this job. Took about two hours. One essentially has to remove the passenger engine mount, the power steering pump drive belt and pulley, and the entire timing belt cover. The actual bracket is only anchored by three large bolts and but there are two smaller bolts -one on top anchoring a harness and one at the very bottom attaching the timing cover to the bracket. You need to raise the engine to remove the bottom large bolt (and loosen the top nut on the front engine mount first). Not an overwhelming job but the message is be careful whenever you work with that passenger side engine mount so you don't strip those bolts

1 - 3 of 3 Posts