Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi gang,

I have just received the S2000 antenna.

According to what I have read, the bolt and thread stuff can be handled pretty easily. But I am in a "road block" here. The Chair Tip cover recommended by Chuck is not easy to find. The one I bought from wal-mart is labeled 7/8" .... it is too big for the whole antenna to look flush with the Ody.

Then, the rubber ring recommended by Nemo came to mind. I tried searching the Forum for s2000 threads but many were "404 errors". So, I did not have any info to what or where the rubber rings came from.

So I'd like to ask all you moders whom had already installed the s2000 antenna....Please give any recommendations to tackle this. Also, If there are any other TIPS, please share

Thank y'all.

------------------

·
1,484 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by abyez:
Then, the rubber ring recommended by Nemo came to mind.
</font>
Just go to any hardware store like Home Depot, Yardbirds, etc. It'll most likely be in the gardening section. If not - keep looking around.

And just a reminder...on mine there still is a rubber stub under the rings. It's diameter is slightly smaller than the s2000 mast. Good luck!

-Nestor

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

·
Registered
244 Posts
Hi abyez
Here's how I did mine: Pep Boys has window Handle knobs #76907 by Motormite (red package) The knob needs to be drilled for the new nut, and the knob comes with the right size screw 5m. 8pitch, the head needs tobe cut off. Length about an inch. I bought some 10-24 coupling nuts from(The Steel Works) at Orcherd Supply, The coupler needs to be tapped 5m.8pitch Finish the bottom of the knob with a 3/4 inch inside diameter O ring. Good luck

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
This is where the fun of this silly stuff comes in! Trying to find the "just right" little doodad that will solve the current problem of making something look finished even though it's cobbled out of a bunch of stuff that other "less gifted" people throw away.

------------------
Chuck
Click here for Ody pics, mods and fixes on FotoTime.

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ckonarske:
This is where the fun of this silly stuff comes in! Trying to find the "just right" little doodad that will solve the current problem of making something look finished even though it's cobbled out of a bunch of stuff that other "less gifted" people throw away.

</font>
I totally agree! This type of stuff is fun. I customized a '90 Isuzu pickup when no one made parts for it. You have to really use your imagination.

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX w/stuff
'93 Nissan Sentra SE-R with more stuff

·
Registered
84 Posts
I used three parts:

1. The S2000 comes will a bolt sticking out of it, but too short. I soldered two hex nuts together, screwed it on half way, then screwed on piece of extension bolt to give it adequate length. This gives a rigid bolt of the right length.

2. I then bought a package of 4 1" chair leg tips from Home Depot. I cut a hold centering one of them.

3. Also at home depot, I bought some rubber plugs. Theses plugs are the kind with a metal base, the rubber plug, a metal piece runner through the center attached to a folding clip. You used them in bottles and when you compress the plug it crushes, the plug and holds it in the bottle. Long story short, I cut away all the metal parts and was left with a rubber plug with a hole through it, perfectly centered. I cut away part of the rubber to give room for the nut above, inside the rubber.

The plug fit inside the chair tip to give it rigidity, and then I screwed the whole assembly together and it looks factory.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts