Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
The dealer wanted MSRP on everything. Tried to get them down but they wouldn't budge. I purchased my extras from Trevor at H and A Accessories. Discounted prices and very easy to work with. I highly recommend them to anyone! I purchased wheel locks, cargo tray, door edge guards, splash guards, and touch up paint for the Ody. Also just purchased a '02 Accord and plan on ordering several additional items from Trevor.

Good luck on your negotiations.

-John

-------------------
'02 RRP Odyssey EX
'02 SSM Accord LX V6
'96 Accord LX

·
Registered
478 Posts
No accessories, didn't even bother asking-but I did get it for -$400 MSRp to help out with the shipping costs (bought mine from out of state).

------------------
'02 RRP EX NAV
Mudguards,cargo tray,Weathertech mats, Bug deflector, lampguards, gold emblems, 17" TSW Spirit wheels with 235/55 Dunlop Sport A2 tires (Some installed, some in the garage, some on the way!)
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I harrased the dealership enough that they threw in few oil changes for free.
The manager indicated that he is willing to provide me optional accessories at cost. Will see .

------------------
Colorado Cowboy

·
Registered
37 Posts
Got the mud flaps and block heater thrown in. That and $17K (Cdn) for my '98 Windstar.

2002 RRP EX
Weatherflectors, WeatherTech Cargo Tray & Interlocking Mats all around.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I got free wheel locks, but only because when I put the deposit down, I made sure the salesman knew I wanted nothing added, not even locks. When the van came in, the dealer preps the vehicles in a standard way, including putting on wheel locks. The salesman acknowledged that he promised me no wheel locks and therefore agreed to pay for it himself out of his own commission. I did pay for them on the contract, but he later wrote me a personal check for reimbursement. That was nice. Feel bad for him (not really) since they charged $99 for them when you can easily get them for like $30. Oh well, easy commission for him since it was sold at full MSRP.

Whoo hooo! I am now a Member instead of Junior Member!

[This message has been edited by vquan (edited 10-31-2001).]

·
Registered
13 Posts
I bought ny RRP EX through a credit union auto service at MSRP. The dealer they used provided pinstriping, fenderwell trim, mudguards, and interior/exterior protection package included in the price.
By buying in my home county, I saved more than others buying outside of Atlanta due to difference in sales taz even though they paid up to $-500 off of MSRP so I was satisfied.
I did buy crossbars and wheel locks through H&A.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Got a MB EXL-NAV at MSRP. Dealer threw in splash guards, gold package, cargo tray, cargo cover and leather steering wheel cover - I was pleased with dealer's service too.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I paid MSRP but no extras were given. I bought splash guards but that's it. No pressure from dealer to buy anything else. I was not even pressured to buy a Honda Care Warranty!

------------------
ELSIE G.

[This message has been edited by ODYETTA (edited 10-31-2001).]

·
Registered
10 Posts
Paid MSRP for our 02 GG EX-L, and asked for the cargo tray to be included. The dealer said they do not stock any accessories for the van since they only sell about 10 Ody's per year (very small dealer in Northern CA). Will be ordering my accessories from H and A. Still feel lucky to get the van for MSRP.

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
Dealer's standard policy is (was?) MSRP includes free cargo tray, mud guards and 1 free oil change. Dealer is Elliott Demick In Michigan City, IN. My LX also had the Michelin Symmetry tires included free to me, supposedly swapped at the cost of another buyer that backed out of the deal. This was 1 year ago, don't know about today. I also got a hair above bluebook wholesale on my trade there, which was more than Carmax and local dealers offered, and with the tax savings, almost what I could have sold it for on my own.

[This message has been edited by caviller (edited 11-01-2001).]

·
Registered
45 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by HK_dude:
Those lucky enough to get it at MSRP, did you get any accessories or any addons for free?</font>
MSRP, no freebies or add ons, but a $100
is coming to me from a friend who received
it as a referral fee.

Grant

------------------
Grant
'02 SS Ody Ex
'92 Prelude Si

1 - 18 of 18 Posts