Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1) Can someone access the service menu. Then go to Unit Check > Car Status and drive around and see the VSP switches to "ON". (To access the service mode press and hold Menu, Map Guide and Cancel (in that order).

2) How fast or how often does the guidance map (step by step instructions) come up?

I'm asking this because as I was pulling up to the office I decided to quickly fiddle with the NAVI to see if MAYBE it was working. Low n' behold the guidance map was working (sort of).

I quickly scrambled to access the service mode and it said it still doesn't detect my VSP. Before when I tested it the guidance map never came up, but I didn't really drive on the route very long. That's why I want to know how quick your guidance map comes up.

Thanks,
-Nestor

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nemogira:
1) Can someone access the service menu. Then go to Unit Check > Car Status and drive around and see the VSP switches to "ON". (To access the service mode press and hold Menu, Map Guide and Cancel (in that order).

2) How fast or how often does the guidance map (step by step instructions) come up?

I'm asking this because as I was pulling up to the office I decided to quickly fiddle with the NAVI to see if MAYBE it was working. Low n' behold the guidance map was working (sort of).

I quickly scrambled to access the service mode and it said it still doesn't detect my VSP. Before when I tested it the guidance map never came up, but I didn't really drive on the route very long. That's why I want to know how quick your guidance map comes up.

Thanks,
-Nestor

</font>
1. The VSP switches on as soon as the car starts to move.

2. I don't know exactly what you want here, so don't have an answer. If you can explain a bit better, I'll try to find an answer.

------------------
Chuck
Click here for Ody pics, mods and fixes on FotoTime.

·
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ckonarske:
2. I don't know exactly what you want here, so don't have an answer. If you can explain a bit better, I'll try to find an answer.
</font>
How about this...as soon as you hit the blue route does it immediately switch over to the guidance map?

-Nestor

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Yes, assuming that we're on the same "terminology page". Sometimes the names of these screens gets confusing and I don't want to supply you with any bad info so I want to make very sure we're talking about the same operations.

Most operations are pretty quick except the original route calibration and any re-calibration that's caused by going off the planned route.

------------------
Chuck
Click here for Ody pics, mods and fixes on FotoTime.

[This message has been edited by ckonarske (edited 08-31-2001).]

·
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I refer to the "blue route" as the NAVI's designated path for you to follow to get to your destination. Unfortunately my does not immediately change to the guidance map. But the good news is it DOES change! I guess I'll be doing more trial n' error tests this weekend. Thanks Chuck.

-Nestor

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

·
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can someone please find a little harness with a single Blue/White wire going into it? It's somewhere around the battery area. Either under or behind (maybe?). This might be the key to my VSP dilemma.

Thanks in advance,
-Nestor

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

1 - 6 of 6 Posts