Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering an EX-L in this color, haven't gone to my dealer to see it yet, but I have a few questions. Is it a creamy color? Stark white? Does it show dirt MUCH more than other colors? If you own it, would you pick another color next time?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Well, of course, color is a very subjective thing.
IMO, the Honda Tafetta is a very pleasant white, definitely not "stark", but not creamy either.
The Touring I recently bought makes my third Ody -all white! Keeps the neighbors guessing :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
I ended up buying taffeta white although I had wanted the polished metal (grey). To me the van looks quite white although it does look quite clean. Up close, you can see some dirt but I'm very pleased with the way it looks. I was reluctant to get white but I'm very happy with the colour.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got this van in the taffeta white last Sunday. It is not a creamy color and there is nothing metallic/glittery about it either. It isn't a stark white but it is white. Just imagine painting crown molding in a high gloss bright white and that is pretty much what you get.

I chose the white over the alabaster silver (although I really wanted the mocha metallic but could not find it anywhere in an EXL w/NAVI) and I am glad I did. I will admit that when the color white was suggested to me the first time my initial gut reaction was "no way" but it really grew on me quick.

Though they both look nice I think that the white will overall show less dirt, however, I will mention that bird droppings are much more obvious to me now so keep that in mind if there are many birds in your area. The white seems to be more of a classic look that looks particularly nice with the truffle interior.

Good luck!

·
Registered
186 Posts
I really wanted the mocha metallic but could not find it anywhere in an EXL w/NAVI
We had a very similar problem - couldn't find a Mocha Metallic Touring anywhere except Alabama...which isn't close to DC. We did find ONE Mocha Metallic EX-L w/ Nav and bought is ASAP. Most salesman said that it wasn't a popular color so they make very few of the higher trim models. I have seen two or three MM LXs on dealer inventory websites.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for sharing your opinions, I'm between polished metal and white right now.

·
Registered
739 Posts
A vote for White so you can secure the ivory interior. I see you live in NYC, get enough grey in clouds and rain, don't need that in your car...

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
We have a white one too. We got it because we wanted a light exterior (florida) and beige interior didnt come with silver.
If you are a few feet away, it doesn't show dirt too much, if you are close it's a different story. I personally don't like tafatta white I wish it was pearl whit like they now have on the pilot or best of all the Lexus pearl white.

If I had to do it over again in the available odyssey colors I would make the same decision.

·
Registered
632 Posts
White color on a van show up all the bugs you encountered on the road esp on summer months.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Color preference is strictly a personal decision and I can find something about every Ody color available I like, but ultimately grey was our final choice. The following is how we went from white to grey.

Spent a Saturday A.M. @ dealership with kids, while my wife was at work before making our purchase. The tafetta white was my first choice and was the color I choose to test drive for the remaining weekend. As I drove the demo off the lot on Saturday it was a beautiful color. The contrast of white against shiny black tires is priceless.
However when my wife saw it Sunday she gave it a thumbs down because it was not metallic and just had a flat appearance with no depth. What sealed our decision not to go with white was on Sunday we parked next to a white service van and both the honda white and the chevy white on the service van looked identical. Both were clean but lacked depth.
Monday back at the dealership, grey was our next choice and is the color we went with.

In closing, had we ended up with white, we would have enjoyed our purchase just as much as we have with grey. My wife drives the Ody 90% of the time, so grey was her color. Good luck!

·
Registered
632 Posts
I used to own a Graphite Pearl (Grey) 04 Accord and it was a pain to keep clean especially to dust that makes the appearance hazy even though I wash it every other day.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I wanted white, and I wanted to nickname it "the fridge", but my wife insisted on granite green, which has been nice. We needed to get a dark interior anyway.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Don't forget that exterior color choice determines the interior fabric/leather color.

If you choose Taffeta White, you can pick a beige or truffle interior. If you choose Polished Metal Metallic, you get a gray interior.

2011 Honda Odyssey - Color Selector - Official Honda Site

Good luck deciding. Of course you know which color I prefer!

;)

·
Registered
23 Posts
I thought my interior on my tafetta van seemed darker than the interior on the van I test drove (metallic grey). I prefer the darker colour.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Color preference is strictly a personal decision and I can find something about every Ody color available I like, but ultimately grey was our final choice. The following is how we went from white to grey.

Spent a Saturday A.M. @ dealership with kids, while my wife was at work before making our purchase. The tafetta white was my first choice and was the color I choose to test drive for the remaining weekend. As I drove the demo off the lot on Saturday it was a beautiful color. The contrast of white against shiny black tires is priceless.
However when my wife saw it Sunday she gave it a thumbs down because it was not metallic and just had a flat appearance with no depth. What sealed our decision not to go with white was on Sunday we parked next to a white service van and both the honda white and the chevy white on the service van looked identical. Both were clean but lacked depth.
Monday back at the dealership, grey was our next choice and is the color we went with.

In closing, had we ended up with white, we would have enjoyed our purchase just as much as we have with grey. My wife drives the Ody 90% of the time, so grey was her color. Good luck!
Same here, we weren't that excited about the white. It was overcast and all the colors looked flat. They said they had a grey van at their other dealer. We looked at a CRV in the grey and my wife told the salesman to go get it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have the White/Truffle and I love it.

Having said that, in my area there were a few Blacks, One Blue, One Cherry, A couple of Whites and Silvers, and 4 Smokey Topaz (I thought Smokey Topaz was ugly).

·
Registered
5 Posts
We are on our second Taffeta White Odyssey and I have a Taffeta White Ridgeline. I only white cars.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts