Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm studying and looking at Vehicles and one I'm considering is the Oddessy.

We looked at a local dealership today, they only had an EXL to show us and claimed not to have the touring one in stock, so we could not compare the differences. Can you tell me if you were buying today, which you would choose, the Exl or the Touring?

The dealershipa also gave us a OTD price, but it appeared to be total sticker price, and I never pay sticker price. To your knowledge are the dealers not willing to negotiate because they may be low on vehicles due to the situation in Japan?

I do not HAVE to buy now, but I want to get a new vehicle by year end so I can give our present one away. We have $48K miles on our Buick so it's time for a new one.

I was a little confused since the dealer did not have the Touring one to show, nor did they have any brochures in the show room.

I'd love to hear pros and cons on the different models of the Odessy. I'm wondering too if the higher end have too many electrical things that could so wrong?

Hubby thinks I should get another pilot, but I hate having 2 vehicles the exact same.

We have no children left at home but we do like to travel and it appears to have lots of room.

I'd like to hear those of you that have the different models, and why you picked the one you did.

·
Registered
6 Posts
We just (this week) purchased an EX-L through USAA buying service, and were able to get OTD plus Honda's 120,000 mile/7yr warranty for just under MSRP. We put down a deposit down on the in-transit van, and picked it up the day it got into the dealer with 10 miles on it. No real negotiation required; we've never been happier with a car purchase.

Not a single other dealer was willing to dicker with us (and never have been, we must have something stamped on our foreheads). If you can go through a similar car buying service, I'd recommend it. We had also looked at the Pilot, but once we went through the safety information (Find the safest cars and vehicles and the most dangerous cars and vehicles, ranking lists on Find the safest cars and vehicles and the most dangerous cars and vehicles) we went with the Ody.

Have fun shopping! ~A

·
Registered
19 Posts
I took delivery of an EXL on Saturday and was able to get a $2400.00 discount off sticker, with no add-ons. The main reason I purchased the EXL was the price. If you can easily afford the Touring, go for it. If you transport grandchildren they would love the extra electronics.

·
Registered
4 Posts
We too bought an EXL back in June. Only major differences between ours and the touring are; 1) no factory navigation and 2) no built in entertainment system. 90% of the time, our van is used around town where nav is not necessary. When we do need it for a trip, we simply use an aftermarket system - which is far cheaper - or an iPad. As for the entertainment system, my 12 and 14 year old really only used on trips and then, would not always agree on what to watch. Now with laptops, iPods and iPads, they individually watch what they want. Had factory entertainment systems on our past three vehicles and don't really miss it.

For us, both were expensive options that we really wouldn't use enough to justify.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'm studying and looking at Vehicles and one I'm considering is the Oddessy.

We looked at a local dealership today, they only had an EXL to show us and claimed not to have the touring one in stock, so we could not compare the differences. Can you tell me if you were buying today, which you would choose, the Exl or the Touring?

The dealershipa also gave us a OTD price, but it appeared to be total sticker price, and I never pay sticker price. To your knowledge are the dealers not willing to negotiate because they may be low on vehicles due to the situation in Japan?

I do not HAVE to buy now, but I want to get a new vehicle by year end so I can give our present one away. We have $48K miles on our Buick so it's time for a new one.

I was a little confused since the dealer did not have the Touring one to show, nor did they have any brochures in the show room.

I'd love to hear pros and cons on the different models of the Odessy. I'm wondering too if the higher end have too many electrical things that could so wrong?

Hubby thinks I should get another pilot, but I hate having 2 vehicles the exact same.

We have no children left at home but we do like to travel and it appears to have lots of room.

I'd like to hear those of you that have the different models, and why you picked the one you did.

You can get about a 1200 discount through zag.com or truecar.com with no negotiation. Florida is not discounting as much as other states....

·
Registered
5 Posts
purchased EX-L w/RES $2k under MRSP. Would have gone for the Touring, but limited supply and little discounting made our decision an easy one. Our model has everything we needed and wanted, but most important within our budget.

·
Registered
11 Posts
We too bought an EXL back in June. Only major differences between ours and the touring are; 1) no factory navigation and 2) no built in entertainment system. 90% of the time, our van is used around town where nav is not necessary. When we do need it for a trip, we simply use an aftermarket system - which is far cheaper - or an iPad. As for the entertainment system, my 12 and 14 year old really only used on trips and then, would not always agree on what to watch. Now with laptops, iPods and iPads, they individually watch what they want. Had factory entertainment systems on our past three vehicles and don't really miss it.

For us, both were expensive options that we really wouldn't use enough to justify.
There are more differences than that. 6 speed transmission is a major one.

·
Registered
171 Posts
we bought an EX-L at the end of June. I didn't want the nav because i have a garmin nuvi for which i've already paid for lifetime maps/traffic, and my wife hates the RES because we don't want the kids to constantly demand a movie (and I could buy them each an iPad for the cost of the RES and still have a grand left over).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts