Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, all! I have a buyer for our '97 Ody (139k miles, $3,150). We were supposed to exchange cash for the title this morning, but the buyer told me they wanted to be sure the third seat was working.

We owned the car for 6 years (from '05 on) and NEVER used the third seat. I tried and tried, and the guy tried and tried, but we could NOT raise the thing. The only thing we see to pull on is the handle on the "back" of the third seat (the part you can see as you look down at the seat, when it's folded in the "down" position). Tugging on that handle gets us nowhere.

I'm convinced the seat is ... STUCK. As in, bolts frozen from years of not being used. It's like pulling on a slab of granite. Nothing moves!

I'm frustrated and want to SELL THIS CAR.

Any ideas about what bolts to look for? I've never taken the carpet out of a car, and I'm hesitant to do that, but I can't see any other way to even SEE what I'm looking for. There is no strap, no nothing, other than that handle (which is molded into the back of the seat).

I'd appreciate any help. These potential buyers are neighbors, and I know that if I don't find the solution, they are going to be "dropping by" every day.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hi, all! I have a buyer for our '97 Ody (139k miles, $3,150). We were supposed to exchange cash for the title this morning, but the buyer told me they wanted to be sure the third seat was working.

We owned the car for 6 years (from '05 on) and NEVER used the third seat. I tried and tried, and the guy tried and tried, but we could NOT raise the thing. The only thing we see to pull on is the handle on the "back" of the third seat (the part you can see as you look down at the seat, when it's folded in the "down" position). Tugging on that handle gets us nowhere.

I'm convinced the seat is ... STUCK. As in, bolts frozen from years of not being used. It's like pulling on a slab of granite. Nothing moves!

I'm frustrated and want to SELL THIS CAR.

Any ideas about what bolts to look for? I've never taken the carpet out of a car, and I'm hesitant to do that, but I can't see any other way to even SEE what I'm looking for. There is no strap, no nothing, other than that handle (which is molded into the back of the seat).

I'd appreciate any help. These potential buyers are neighbors, and I know that if I don't find the solution, they are going to be "dropping by" every day.
Make sure the seat back locked to the seat bottom. It may be trying to unfold as your lifting it. Steve

1 - 3 of 3 Posts