Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I seriously doubt you'll ever need these in the Ody, but I know there are some autocrossers, drag and road racers out there.

Eastbay has Nike ACG Racing Series shoes on sale for $19.99, originally $84.99.

Product # 81009031

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX w/stuff
'93 Nissan Sentra SE-R with more stuff

P

·
0 Posts
Yeah, gotta get me some racing shoes that also work the clutch for me! I can't drive a 5-speed to save my life...

Michelle

------------------

• 1995 Civic Teal DX Coupe
  • 2002 RP Odyssey EXL-RES (soon!)
  • 1987 Blue Civic Sedan
  • 1990 Grey Chrysler LeBaron GTC Convertable
  • '86 Silver Toyota LE Van
  • 1967 Honda Dream Motorcycle

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Practice, practice, practice!

Once you get the hang of it you'll never want to own an automatic again.

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX w/stuff
'93 Nissan Sentra SE-R with more stuff

P

·
0 Posts
Hey Jim...uhhh...I kind of got fustrated with it because I burned the clutch out on the '87 Civic REALLY REALLY bad and now I'm scared to death that I'm gonna do it again. And the clutch grabs at a different point since it's been replaced and now grabs too quick for me. I'd go out to practice getting it up our sloped driveway and all the kids would go screaming to their parents when I squeeled the tires. I think I'm just inept at these things, I know people who've learned in an hour. My friend with no license and a blown out knee can drive a manual better than me! Seriously!!

I'd still like to learn some day, but I'd like to learn in Kansas, since the only hills are the freeway onramps.

Sheesh. But I did get an awesome car out of my lack of coordination!

Michelle

------------------

• 1987 Blue Civic Sedan

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by poodleluvr:
Hey Jim...uhhh...I kind of got fustrated with it because I burned the clutch out on the '87 Civic REALLY REALLY bad and now I'm scared to death that I'm gonna do it again. And the clutch grabs at a different point since it's been replaced and now grabs too quick for me. I'd go out to practice getting it up our sloped driveway and all the kids would go screaming to their parents when I squeeled the tires. I think I'm just inept at these things, I know people who've learned in an hour. My friend with no license and a blown out knee can drive a manual better than me! Seriously!!

I'd still like to learn some day, but I'd like to learn in Kansas, since the only hills are the freeway onramps.

Sheesh. But I did get an awesome car out of my lack of coordination!

Michelle

</font>
Hi, Michelle. Don't give up quite yet. When you succeed (notice I didn't say "if"?)
, chances are you'll love the extra control and prefer a stick over an automatic for your driving pleasure. Maybe not, but even if you don't, you'll be able to have a "sense" of your car you never would have had until you conquered manual shifting.

If you're so inclined, do a little study of how a car is setup to get the power from the engine to the wheels to the road. This is the job that's being passed on to you when you drive a stick and it gives you a lot of control and a great sense of being part of the car. Just the smallest increase in your understanding can be a HUGE help in learning to understand what you're trying to do as you drive.

Good luck.

------------------
Chuck
Click here for Ody pics, mods and fixes on FotoTime.

P

·
0 Posts
Yeah, I think sticks are great fun because you're in control, but I just can't get myselft to go clunking up the hill again.

Sometimes I wish my car was stick (and I could drive it) because it just won't shift sometimes!!!

Michelle

------------------

• 1987 Blue Civic Sedan

·
Registered
174 Posts
I learned to drive a stick when I was 17. I really stunk at it and gave up. A few months later, my Dad had me move the car and I could drive a stick ever since. Maybe I was trying too hard to begin with. Just relax and "feel" the car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts