Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never bought a radar detector in my life. What do I look for? What brand is recommended? A friend swears by his Valentine unit, but it was about $400.

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX

·
Registered
103 Posts
I would suggest a unit with both laser detection as well as radar. Unfortunately I do not have a particular brand to recommend.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have always been happy with Passports. They are small, the sounds alone are enough to let you know what is goin on and they don't have a lot of useless extras. (although the newer ones are starting to)

More importantly:
Don't be first in line.
Don't speed alone
Don't be outragerously fast...that's not the point.

Adobeman

·
Registered
148 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jim F:
I've never bought a radar detector in my life. What do I look for? What brand is recommended? A friend swears by his Valentine unit, but it was about $400.

</font>
Jim,
We've got 2 Valentines, once you've used them you won't go back to anything else. It sounds expensive, but consider the alternative...$$$$$Tickets & $$$$$$$$$$Insurance. I won't bore you how many times and ways it has saved my "butt"

·
Registered
89 Posts
/gush on/
I'm a traffic ticket attorney in North Carolina and I use the Valentine One. Started out with Cincinnati Microwave units but decided that the Radar Locator feature of the Valentine was key.

The Valentine One is expensive, but no more than the cost of a speeding ticket with court cost, fines, and attorney's fees in my state.

What I like most about the Valentine One is the factory support. When it is broken they fix it for me.

More importantly, they don't change the exterior of the unit. This allows them to offer technology upgrades for your unit as they are developed.

My Valentine lives on the windshield of whatever vehicle I am driving, even if I am on vacation/business in a rental car.

I am not an employee of the Valentine Research and I don't get a free toaster if you buy one. I just think they are at the top of the technology curve.

To date, the Valentine One has come out on top in every radar detector comparison performed by a major auto magazine I have read.
/gush off/

Eric

------------------
2001 TW EX - Trans Cooler, Bug Shield, Leather Steering Wheel Cover, Wheel Well Liners

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm sold. Now where do you get them?

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX

1 - 7 of 7 Posts