Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my '00 Odyssey in to the Auto AC place on Friday because my AC wasn't cooling. They said the real problem was a radiator leak. They replaced the radiator and thermostat and flushed the system. Cost about $550. Drove the car about 40 minutes and then my check engine light and TCS lights came on (also noticed that I had no power to the power outlet).

AC place is closed on weekends. Now I get in today and when taking off from the light the transmission is slipping. The engine rev'd to 6000 RPM's and finally changed gears.

Took car home and drove my husband's car. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I took my '00 Odyssey in to the Auto AC place on Friday because my AC wasn't cooling. They said the real problem was a radiator leak. They replaced the radiator and thermostat and flushed the system. Cost about $550. Drove the car about 40 minutes and then my check engine light and TCS lights came on (also noticed that I had no power to the power outlet).

AC place is closed on weekends. Now I get in today and when taking off from the light the transmission is slipping. The engine rev'd to 6000 RPM's and finally changed gears.

Took car home and drove my husband's car. Any ideas?
I don't see why a leaking radiator would cause the A/C to fail. Did the A/C work with the new radiator installed? A/C's sometimes stop working when the power thermistor fails. Was there a sudden failure?

Which "system" did they flush? Cooling System (antifreeze) or Transmission (ATF)? I see a need only to drain and refill the coolant with TYPE 2 Honda coolant.

Press the Traction Control Light button to turn it off.

The electrical problem sounds like they failed to connect some electrical connection back up. Maybe this is the root of the all the other problems. Look for some loose wires or connectors.

Otherwise:

It is possible that they may have pressure flushed the ATF lines with a flushing machine and damaged the transmission. Honda does *NOT* recommend flushing the transmission. There was no need to flush the ATF system.

Or -- when disconnecting and reconnecting the ATF lines that connect to the bottom of the in-radiator ATF cooler, they may have dislodged some crud that had accumulated in the ATF hoses. They should have used new hoses.

Keep us posted on your progress.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cooling system flushed

The cooling system was flushed. They said the radiator was leaking, causing the car to overheat and then the AC not to work properly.

I wish I had taken it to my regular mechanic but I did not because I thought it was an AC problem and he recommends this company for AC problems.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
The cooling system was flushed. They said the radiator was leaking, causing the car to overheat and then the AC not to work properly.

I wish I had taken it to my regular mechanic but I did not because I thought it was an AC problem and he recommends this company for AC problems.
Without any more than the meager facts that you have supplied upon which to draw a conclusion, at this point I suggest you need to take it to the dealer or a competent Honda-familiar mechanic and read the trouble codes and go from there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts