Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just searched many threads I have a leak in the plastic just below the cap. I may JB WELD as temporary fix. Any recent recs on which aluminum/regular rad to get?
Any other advice?

·
Registered
455 Posts
I would not recommend using JB Weld on the radiator. The temperature changes from expanding/contracting the cold weld would eventually break it loose. If you're out somewhere and the radiator takes-a-dump, you're then stuck.

I replaced my radiator this past July, and it really wasn't that hard to do. I also bought a replacement on ebay for $85 shipped. Here's my thread: http://www.odyclub.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=99857

I custom made the two lower transmission coolant lines because the old ones were heavily corroded, but then I found something...
As I was putting the old radiator and other stuff out in the trash a few days later, two brand new lower coolant line connectors fell out of the new radiators box :rolleyes:

I could have saved myself about an hour of work because the new radiator came with those pieces I custom made. I must have overlooked them when taking the new radiator out of the box.
Oh well...

The new radiator took 1 gallon of 50/50 pre-mixed coolant to fill it back up again.

·
Registered
947 Posts
hockeyman said:
I custom made the two lower transmission coolant lines because the old ones were heavily corroded, but then I found something...
As I was putting the old radiator and other stuff out in the trash a few days later, two brand new lower coolant line connectors fell out of the new radiators box :rolleyes:

I could have saved myself about an hour of work because the new radiator came with those pieces I custom made. I must have overlooked them when taking the new radiator out of the box.
Oh if I had a dime for every time I did something like that!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is Koyo best?

There are ebay rads for $80-I could not find hockeyman's favorite store. I can get a Koyo from autohaus az for about $115 though.
Does the 94-97 accord radiator fit the 95 ody-dlr parts guy could not tell but part numbers were different. Mishimoto is all alum but would need to buy atf cooler

·
Registered
455 Posts
I cannot find a radiator listed by the company I bought from either, but the ones listed on ebay for about $73 shipped is a good deal.

Copy & Paste this into ebay's search box: 95 96 97 HONDA ODYSSEY 2.2 L4 RADIATOR OE STYLE

·
Registered
28 Posts
98 ody use the same radiator as 95-97?

hockeyman said:
I cannot find a radiator listed by the company I bought from either, but the ones listed on ebay for about $73 shipped is a good deal.

Copy & Paste this into ebay's search box: 95 96 97 HONDA ODYSSEY 2.2 L4 RADIATOR OE STYLE

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks for the help, to be honest the $73 dollars one looks identical to the KOYO one with out the branding. and $73 dollars shipped is a good deal on radiator.

I remembered when I order KOYO for my accord it comes with a brand new radiator cap.

Did your come with a radiator cap as well?

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Thicker Core Replacement Radiator

Has anyone replaced their pre-2005, 5/8 inch thick core OEM radiator with a thicker core replacement?

In 2005 they switched from a 5/8 core to a 1-1/16 core.

The upper and lower tanks are the same dimensions, so the thicker core radiator will fit in the alloted space, but I am afraid that the lugs and tabs for the fan shrouds will not line up with the corresponding holes that fasten them to the radiator.

Also, the A/C condenser and its support bracket may have some fitment issues.

Here is the KOYO link, just plug in your numbers to see the dimensions.

KOYORAD.COM - Radiator Search

1 - 13 of 13 Posts