Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't even know my 2001 HAD an alarm! Battery died the other day (son) and so I charged it and the van runs just fine, but everytime I get in the alarm goes off (really -- I've had this thing for 4 years! I had no clue!). I am also getting "code error" on the radio. Again, I can drive the van, it's just that I feel like I'm imperrsonating an officer.

I don't have a manual, but I do have a white sticker in the box w/ the 5 digit number (which I hope is the code) but when I push the numbers on the radio I get nothing. Not even the error #1 for having tried and done it wrong. I tried the "Push one and six, turn on the stereo" to see if my numbers are right and again, no change. I pulled the radio fuse and again, no change.

Do I have two things going on because of all the alarm sirens? I can't find a shut off switch like we had in our old van (push the button -- turn the key).

Lots of threads about the codes, but I can't find one that tells me exactly what the procedure should be (when to push, what order, key on, etc.).

Artificial intelligence is gonna be a pain in the neck.

Sigh (Paul)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry it's such a boring question.

I have been using my aftermarket key w/o a fob (it's my wife's van), so I went out w/ her key and the fob (which she doesn't use) and locked and unlocked the door. No more alarm!

But I still have the stereo error. Now that the alarm is fixed, maybe that will behave, but it's late so you guys will all just have to wait till morning (I know you're all waiting w/ bated breath).

paul

·
Registered
157 Posts
you can get the code for the car from your dealer or you can use justanswer. service. i paid 15 for the help to get the code. but they will need your radio serial number to get it for you so that means you need to take the a few things apart to get it. process might have changed tho. ask the question first before you do anything and see what they say

CK

1 - 4 of 4 Posts