Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
The code is on the underside of the fusebox under the hood. The dealer should have given you the code on a card when they delivered it to you. However, you can probably just call the dealer and read them the code inside the glovebox - that will give them the info they need to tell you the code, in case you don't want to try to find it on the inside of the fuse box.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Does anyone know if the above post is correct? I am trying to locate the radio code like the post above suggests.(Under the fuse box which is in engine compartment - I dont have the card) NO LUCK. I found a 6 digit number on the BACK of fuse box but the manual says it should be a 5 digit number.
?????

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I have the card, but the info is also duplicated on the far left outside of the glovebox. It's visible from the driver's seat when the glovebox is open.

------------------
Chuck
Click here for Ody pics & projects.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Who knows? Why does Honda do a lot of the things they do?

------------------
Chuck
Click here for Ody pics & projects.

·
1,484 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by porschetr:
Why would Honda put the code inside of the car.
If thieves know this, there is no point having this code thing.
</font>
This is most likely for the shop guys at the dealership. They have easy access to both the radio & navi codes just in case:

1) It's being worked and it has be temporarily offline and then put back up or...
2) If the owners loose their card and even...

3) Like the question originally asked here.

I know this little feature saved me from a whole lot of grief. Even if you did know where to look it wouldn't be worth it to try and steal an OEM radio...not to mention a NAVI. Oh no, no, no, no. I don't think so!

-nemogira

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hmmmmm?
I looked where suggested.(Outside of glove box on left side-where driver could see if gbox is open) No radio code. There is a 10 digit code on the inside left side of gbox.(Radio code is 5 digits correct?)
Looks like I should call the 'dealer'.
OH, I should mention my Odyssey is from Canada, shipped to the States under protest by USA Honda, and sold by a non-Honda dealer.
Maybe that is why I cant find code? Maybe Canadian Ody is different?
Thanks for any & all replys.

·
Registered
71 Posts
The 10 digit code inside the glovebox is a "coded" version of the code you use for the stereo. You need to call a Honda dealer to have them tell you what it translates to... they can give you the 5 digit code based on the 10 digit code inside the glovebox. I think it's the same for Canadian Ody's as well.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Maybe we should just get a magic marker and write the code on our gloveboxes ourselves. That way it will be there when we need it. The only drawback is that glovebox thefts will start increasing.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Im planning to do the security alarm myself which requires me to disconnect the radio. How does this anti-theft code affect my install?

·
Registered
40 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by porschetr:
Don't we have anti-theft code for the radio?
I have the code card and number ring thing for my Acura but didn't get anything for the Odyssey.
Should I call my dealer?
</font>
If you have an 02 LX then the radio does not have a security code. I went through the whole fire drill with the dealer only to find that the radio wasn't coded after all.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by HK_dude:
Im planning to do the security alarm myself which requires me to disconnect the radio. How does this anti-theft code affect my install? </font>
Any time the power is disconnected from the radio the security code needs to be entered in order for the radio to operate again.

The anti-theft radios have a small blinking light when the engine is off that indicates it is anti-theft. If there is no blinking light then it probably is not anti-theft and therefore has no code.

·
Registered
329 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ckonarske:
I have the card, but the info is also duplicated on the far left outside of the glovebox. It's visible from the driver's seat when the glovebox is open.
</font>
When we took posession of our Ody, the salesman pointed out the card with the code on it. He made a big deal about if we ever lost that number, we would be out of luck if we ever had to reset the radio.

When I got home and started putting stuff back into the glovebox, I noticed the same exact code stuck to the glovebox.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts