Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't we have anti-theft code for the radio?
I have the code card and number ring thing for my Acura but didn't get anything for the Odyssey.
Should I call my dealer?

·
Registered
71 Posts
The code is on the underside of the fusebox under the hood. The dealer should have given you the code on a card when they delivered it to you. However, you can probably just call the dealer and read them the code inside the glovebox - that will give them the info they need to tell you the code, in case you don't want to try to find it on the inside of the fuse box.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Does anyone know if the above post is correct? I am trying to locate the radio code like the post above suggests.(Under the fuse box which is in engine compartment - I dont have the card) NO LUCK. I found a 6 digit number on the BACK of fuse box but the manual says it should be a 5 digit number.
?????

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I have the card, but the info is also duplicated on the far left outside of the glovebox. It's visible from the driver's seat when the glovebox is open.

------------------
Chuck
Click here for Ody pics & projects.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why would Honda put the code inside of the car.
If thieves know this, there is no point having this code thing.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Who knows? Why does Honda do a lot of the things they do?

------------------
Chuck
Click here for Ody pics & projects.

·
1,484 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by porschetr:
Why would Honda put the code inside of the car.
If thieves know this, there is no point having this code thing.
</font>
This is most likely for the shop guys at the dealership. They have easy access to both the radio & navi codes just in case:

1) It's being worked and it has be temporarily offline and then put back up or...
2) If the owners loose their card and even...

3) Like the question originally asked here.

I know this little feature saved me from a whole lot of grief. Even if you did know where to look it wouldn't be worth it to try and steal an OEM radio...not to mention a NAVI. Oh no, no, no, no. I don't think so!

-nemogira

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hmmmmm?
I looked where suggested.(Outside of glove box on left side-where driver could see if gbox is open) No radio code. There is a 10 digit code on the inside left side of gbox.(Radio code is 5 digits correct?)
Looks like I should call the 'dealer'.
OH, I should mention my Odyssey is from Canada, shipped to the States under protest by USA Honda, and sold by a non-Honda dealer.
Maybe that is why I cant find code? Maybe Canadian Ody is different?
Thanks for any & all replys.

·
Registered
71 Posts
The 10 digit code inside the glovebox is a "coded" version of the code you use for the stereo. You need to call a Honda dealer to have them tell you what it translates to... they can give you the 5 digit code based on the 10 digit code inside the glovebox. I think it's the same for Canadian Ody's as well.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Maybe we should just get a magic marker and write the code on our gloveboxes ourselves. That way it will be there when we need it. The only drawback is that glovebox thefts will start increasing.

·
Registered
148 Posts
The dealer will have the RADIO code and the KEY code for your car in their computers.

You may need to go in with your registration. Very few dealers will cut a key or give the code over the phone.

------------------

Here to help

·
Registered
55 Posts
Im planning to do the security alarm myself which requires me to disconnect the radio. How does this anti-theft code affect my install?

·
Registered
40 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by porschetr:
Don't we have anti-theft code for the radio?
I have the code card and number ring thing for my Acura but didn't get anything for the Odyssey.
Should I call my dealer?
</font>
If you have an 02 LX then the radio does not have a security code. I went through the whole fire drill with the dealer only to find that the radio wasn't coded after all.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by HK_dude:
Im planning to do the security alarm myself which requires me to disconnect the radio. How does this anti-theft code affect my install? </font>
Any time the power is disconnected from the radio the security code needs to be entered in order for the radio to operate again.

The anti-theft radios have a small blinking light when the engine is off that indicates it is anti-theft. If there is no blinking light then it probably is not anti-theft and therefore has no code.

·
Registered
329 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ckonarske:
I have the card, but the info is also duplicated on the far left outside of the glovebox. It's visible from the driver's seat when the glovebox is open.
</font>
When we took posession of our Ody, the salesman pointed out the card with the code on it. He made a big deal about if we ever lost that number, we would be out of luck if we ever had to reset the radio.

When I got home and started putting stuff back into the glovebox, I noticed the same exact code stuck to the glovebox.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts