Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I recently bought a 2009 EX-L and was curious if there's a quick fix for this issue. Noticed about a week ago, that the backlight on the radio display itself, will not turn off. The display, and system, works perfectly otherwise. Is there a setting I need to adjust?

Also, the salesman at the used dealership said "the screen for your nav system works, but you'll have a black screen from a common system issue. The part is on back order, so we can't fix it." Is there any truth to this story? I don't really need it, but the screen pops on from time-to-time looking for a reset code. If I'm able to get the screen to work long enough, and I'm able to get the needed information for the code, will a reset code make it work properly again?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Hi everyone,

I recently bought a 2009 EX-L and was curious if there's a quick fix for this issue. Noticed about a week ago, that the backlight on the radio display itself, will not turn off. The display, and system, works perfectly otherwise. Is there a setting I need to adjust?

Also, the salesman at the used dealership said "the screen for your nav system works, but you'll have a black screen from a common system issue. The part is on back order, so we can't fix it." Is there any truth to this story? I don't really need it, but the screen pops on from time-to-time looking for a reset code. If I'm able to get the screen to work long enough, and I'm able to get the needed information for the code, will a reset code make it work properly again?
1. It's not at all a common issue
2. Part is probably not on back order, they just don't want to do anything for you

I'd suggest looking at eBay or junk yards to see if you can find a new radio assembly to install b/c it sounds like it's bad and that may be the only way to fix the issue

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1. It's not at all a common issue
2. Part is probably not on back order, they just don't want to do anything for you

I'd suggest looking at eBay or junk yards to see if you can find a new radio assembly to install b/c it sounds like it's bad and that may be the only way to fix the issue
Thank you. Was hoping the radio was just a backlight setting I hadn't figured out yet

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
jbwkkl
Honda Odyssey Forum
Odyclub community is the #1 forum to discuss all things Honda Odyssey: minivans, safety, service maintenance, mods, and more.
Full Forum Listing