Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The past few days my radio has been cutting off and on and I hear a loud clicking sound coming from the dash. I shut off the radio, but the clicking sound is still very audible with the radio off. Also my ABS light is coming on and off.

Appreciate any help. Thanks

I have a 97 Odyssey.

·
Registered
98 Posts
i remember my abs flashing while driving for a while but i never figured out why. you may wan't to test your system before taking it in with this tool http://www.odyclub.com/forums/28-1995-1998-odyssey/36761-abs-trouble-codes.html

for the radio noise is it the stock honda unit? and you are sure it's coming from inside the radio and not from the speakers? if it's the stock honda unit it could be the tape player thinking there is a tape inside. when does the noise start? as soon as you turn on the ignition?

my stock head unit was making a loud popping noise through the speakers due to a loose volume knob (no idea why the power supply was so poorly designed :frown: ) and for quite a few years i wiggled the knob getting it back to its original sort-of top left position to get rid of the noise. then the l/r channels started to go out and although it was still able to be solved with wiggling it took significantly more wiggling :nothappy: so i finally replaced the unit.

i've had random flashing lights too. when i first got the car, and the abs and srs systems were fully intact and functional, the abs and srs lights as well as the backlight for the stereo would take turns blinking and after replacing a corroded battery had no problems. since then i've had trouble with the abs and have had it "fixed" twice by my garage. i'm planning to take out the abs entirely in favor of a big break upgrade and some proper footwork :D but the srs has been diagnosed as an expensive fix now as well and thats the one i need to keep.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Since I posted, knock on wood, it has been fine. No clicking, no cutting off of the radio. My hubby did check to see if the battery connectors were tight, but he said they were fine. Maybe it just needed a little jiggle? The starter always made a weird rhooom/metalic sound but that's been years, and I haven't done anything about it. Also I did press down on the little cubby hole below the radio and the clicking stopped. ??? I have no clue, but thanks for the replies. Just hope it stays that way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts