Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The radio lights in my wifes van don't work right. It seems that they come on and off whenever they want to after she turns on the headlights. Does anyone have any suggestions or know which wire in the harness is for illumination? I would like to test it.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have the same problem..

Well, my Ody that is :rolleyes:

·
Registered
355 Posts
I fit comes on and off on it's own schedule I'd say that the problem lies inside the radio and not in the harness. If there was a short in the harness you would also loose all the other dash lights, since they are on the same circuit.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Are yours either on or off? Mine seem to vary in brightness along with being on and off randomly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
my 1999 oddy has that problem too. It seems like half of the radio is lit and the other half is not.....then once in a while it is all lit. Go figure, I just ignore it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have the same problem with my '03. I learned this week that the problem is in the circuit board of the radio. The dealer said the only fix is a new radio (they quoated $1,000- and were embarrassed by it.) I told them I could get a junk yard radio much cheaper or go to Best Buy for $100 (they agreed this is probably best).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the info. I suggested a double Din Multimedia/DVD player but the wife didn't jump at it. Oh well. Her van.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts