Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to boost my radio signal. The mast on my antenna has a hard black coating on it. Can I apply copper wire to it or do I have to remove the coating first? If so, how...with sandpaper? The mast is a little twisty. Does the copper wire need to be soldered on or can it be taped on? I lived in Alberta for 40 years and moved to St. Hubert on the south shore of Montreal. There are 2 country stations that fade in and out. I think it's interference from power lines. I gotta have my country music!!!

·
Registered
953 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
I would google it or just wrap it around the mast and see what happens. I had read somewhere a long time ago the frequency in which it boost the signal has something to do with length and the number of turns the wire makes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You might be right but I'll have to experiment with it. I think if I start it at the bottom and wrap it around all the way up to the top of the mast it should work. The cost of copper wire and tape is worth a try. If not, then I'll have to figure out how to add a booster to it.

·
Registered
117 Posts
My antenna looks like it has a wire kind of wrapped around the flexible shaft. If this is the case then they designed the wire to be the correct length. It would be a 1/4 or 1/2 wavelength for the FM band. I would not mess with it. Use a signal boosting amp like the prior post.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
rbhollabaugh
Honda Odyssey Forum
Odyclub community is the #1 forum to discuss all things Honda Odyssey: minivans, safety, service maintenance, mods, and more.
Full Forum Listing