Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on my ride home i went to plug in my AC adapter for my cell phone and as i went to plug in the radio shut off. as i went to go turn it on again the thing wouldn't go on. now the van is anly about 5 months old and this is the first thing that has gone wrong but i want to know why? has any one else had this problem?do you think it is just a short? is it like the sliding doors where you canjust reset a corde or some thing or what? well i hope that some one can help!!!
i/m going to call the delear as soon as i get off the internet thanks a lot

------------------
*~ BaSsNeT42 ~*
*~ 01'OdY. ~*
*~ Tw-Ex ~*

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i already checked the fuses and there not blown. the cig doesn't work and the radio still wont turn on, yet the red lit that is on the sterio is still flahing as if i set the alarm. what is that about?any suggestions now? well thanks

------------------
*~ BaSsNeT42 ~*
*~ 01'OdY. ~*
*~ Tw-Ex ~*

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Hmmmm.....it sounds like your security system for the stereo is activated. Maybe you might have to reset your code. I know there was a thread about this awhile back. You might want to repost this subject in the Audio Video section so more will reply.
Good luck and hope you can solve this.

------------------
-Rob-
'01 GG LX "Lagreat"
http://www.fototime.com/inv/46E6936F1F9A447

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks i posted it right now!!

------------------
*~ BaSsNeT42 ~*
*~ 01'OdY. ~*
*~ Tw-Ex ~*

·
Registered
148 Posts
The radio uses 2 power sources. Constant and accessory. Your cigarette lighter fuse and tied into the accessory circuit also (turns on with car), your radio is still getting power from the constant power source (red light), your radio is not turning on because the accessory fuse to the cig lighter is shot (it needs to see power for it to turn on - <ie: key on>) -- check your fuses again, there are 2 fuse boxes in your car.

------------------

Here to help

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah thanks. your right. i checked the other fuse and that one was fryed to a crisp. and then once i changed that, the code came on the radio and i set it and now im fine thanks for your input

------------------
*~ BaSsNeT42 ~*
*~ 01'OdY. ~*
*~ Tw-Ex ~*

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
You still have a short somwhere that is blowing the fuse. Probably one of the metal strips in the phone plug is touching its neighbor, or you have a bad Y connector at the lighter socket. It may blow again.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hey thanks for the info, next time that i take the car in for it's first oil change ill have them check it.

------------------
*~ BaSsNeT42 ~*
*~ 01'OdY. ~*
*~ Tw-Ex ~*

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah i took the adapter back to best buy and were going to get another one, and if it does the same thing then i know what the problem

------------------
*~ BaSsNeT42 ~*
*~ 01'OdY. ~*
*~ Tw-Ex ~*

1 - 12 of 12 Posts