Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think this is a common problem, but I was hoping folks who have experienced this could weigh in.

We have a 2001 Honda Odyssey. Bought it used with 107,000 miles. Transmission already changed.

That transmission died at 130,000 miles (or so); had a new transmission installed (less than six months ago).

Rain one day in the summer. TCS light and check engine light come on and van stalls. We take it back to dealer, thinking it's a transmission issue. The dealer, nice as can be, checks EVERYTHING, but finds the van in great mechanical shape - nothing wrong.

Two days of light rain this week. Van's TCS/Check Engine come on yesterday. No driving problems though.

This morning, no rain, stalls about 20+ times. Drove it to the local shop with a print out regarding water getting up under the undercarriage and messing with the sensors.

Does this seem like the most likely cause? Anybody have a similar experience and come out OK?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This was a while ago. I'm sure he would have given me the codes. Though I won't ever shop there again.

Looks like it's the TD1 sensor, perhaps. I'll see what I can do about a specific code. But I suspect I have a bad sensor.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's sending back these codes: P1361/P1362: TDC Sensor 1 Circuit Intermittent Interruption and P1366/P1367: TDC Sensor 2 Circuit Intermittent Interruption. The local guy said the top dead center sensor was fine.

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
How about the circuit? You may be getting water in the connectors or have a chaffed cable.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks! Good thoughts. I'll let the shop guys check into that. I know they felt the connection was free and clear. And over the summer they did discover some "nesting" under the hood. I may just need them to follow the wires back.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts