Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran into a problem installing OEM keyless entry into my 2000 Odyssey LX. I was following these instructions:

http://www.handa-accessories.com/odyssey/odykeyless.pdf

On step 23, you're supposed to go behind the glove compartment and find the "vehicle 6-pin connector (originally connected to the interior light switch)". The diagram shows an unplugged 6-pin connector over on the right side of the glove box. There was no such connector over on the right side. In fact, the area behind my glove box looks nothing like the diagram. And what do they mean by "originally connected to the interior light switch"? Was I supposed to have unplugged the interior light switch at some point? But there is nothing in the instructions about that.

I did see a pair of connectors right in the center of the area behind the glovebox. One is brown and the other one is blue. The blue one looks like it could be a 6-pin; it's approximately the right size. But these connectors are plugged in, whereas the instructions say I'm supposed to find an unplugged 6-pin connector.

Help! (Thanks)

·
Administrator
14,510 Posts
I think its one of the connectors you disconnected when you removed the trim around the radio. There is an interior light connector which connects to the interior light switch on the panel. Though the prior step 22 says to open up the glovebox, I think the diagram in #23 is actually the part behind the radio.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think its one of the connectors you disconnected when you removed the trim around the radio. There is an interior light connector which connects to the interior light switch on the panel. Though the prior step 22 says to open up the glovebox, I think the diagram in #23 is actually the part behind the radio.
Ah ha! Now it all makes sense! So, in step 24, where they say to route the new harness's 6-pin through the instrument panel, that's so that it can be plugged into the interior light switch, right?

Why did they have you open the glove box?

Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts