Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ANyone else recieve a letter from Honda HQ telling you that you were "randomly" selected for a week long emissions test? (Er - that is your van was selected - not so sure they want to test my emissions).
Honda will provide a loaner car and $100 and the testing is all on a dynamometer with a max of 120 miles with no extreme conditions. Should I be skeptical? Also, do I read the letter correctly to state that only vehicles with over 50k will be tested?

·
Registered
342 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Happy:
ANyone else recieve a letter from Honda HQ telling you that you were "randomly" selected for a week long emissions test? (Er - that is your van was selected - not so sure they want to test my emissions).
Honda will provide a loaner car and $100 and the testing is all on a dynamometer with a max of 120 miles with no extreme conditions. Should I be skeptical? Also, do I read the letter correctly to state that only vehicles with over 50k will be tested?
</font>
This may well be ligit. It would be one way to confirm how well their emmission systems are holding up in the real world. Honda has a reputation for meeting emmission standard that are many years ahead of thier time. It would be interesting to see if this holds true when the car reaches the time frame it was orginally advertised to conform to.

OTOH, this may just be a very cleaver ploy to get you used to driving a new car again so you'll be chomping at the bit to trade in you're old car when you get it back!

Drive Safe,
Steve

·
Registered
568 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Happy:
</font>
Do they provide insurance for the loaner car?

------------------
'01 GG EX
Mud Guard, Wheel Lock, Cargo Tray, Weathertech Mats
leather steerling wheel cover, Pioneer 1655 speakers,
Lojack

·
Registered
585 Posts
Goodness! I certainly hope the loaner car isn't an 02 Ody! ...if so then its a ploy, I tell ya!

<table><tr><td>
</td><td width="20" img="http://demo.healthstream.com/content/challenge/images/clear.gif"></td><td><font face="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif" size="1" color="#454545">Marvyn - 2001 SS EX-NAVI (2600 mi)
Mud Flaps * Cargo Tray * Leather Steering Wheel Wrap * Blaupunkt 652 Speakers * Hyper-brand 'Xenon Blue' Headlights * Weathertech Floor Mats * PIAA Xtreme White 7440 Backup Lights
</font></td></tr></table>

[This message has been edited by nyvram (edited 08-05-2001).]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts