Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine is Ex-RES, under 1400km, and I give it an 8 so far.;)

As the mileage increase, more problems may show up so rating with mileage gives us a better indicator.

The only issue is the low battery message, but it seem to go away for now after I reset the sensor myself. All other 'issues' are very minors or a matter of taste as with any vehicle.

Thanks all.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I give our 2011 Touring a measy 7. Its a shame too because we had high hopes. The best gas milage we ever got out of it was 24mpg going to Death valley. Low battery warning makes you want to take and store another battery in the car like some folks did 40 yrs ago. With only 6,000 miles on it, I feel a loss of power from what the vehicle use to be at when it was new. Our other 9.5 yr old 4 Runner has not had any issues.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Have a EX-L with about 200 miles. I give it a 7. Have had no issues with the battery, only wish Honda put some of the options on the Touring on all. All should have the third row sun shade and all should have memory seats, and the option menu i have be trying to change how the doors lock and unlock for a few days. I have a 04 TL that has this stuff so as some people say these things cost money are full of it. These options cost a few dollars they are not new tech. But it is doing what I bought it for so I don't have much to say.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Watch for a correlation between words like wish, hope, pray, feel, and should with low scores, and words like research, knew, and data with high scores.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Watch for a correlation between words like wish, hope, pray, feel, and should with low scores, and words like research, knew, and data with high scores.
Please Honda has fallen behind most car companies. There cars are not what they were 10 years ago. I just stated that some on the things that are missing on the lower trims should be on all trims. I have a 04 TL and they are on it so it is not a matter of cost to Honda. I bet you have a touring and look down on the rest of us.

·
Registered
57 Posts
2010 LX:
8.0/10

Cons:
Front seats are too small and I'm not a big guy.
Gas Mielage is more like 15MPG and I usually can figure out how to get the best MPG in all the cars I've had.

pros:
Drives like a frikkin champ. Smoothest ride.
Easy to install aftermarket electronics.
Looks awesome. I don't care what anyone says. They look real good.

·
Registered
755 Posts
2011 touring elite

i would give it a 9.

The best mpg ive gotten was 28.x driving about 200 miles with 6 people in the car and some cargo since we were on the way back home from the beach. I also had the AC on. I used the CC 90% of the time, going 55-80.

Only thing thats bothering me right now is the front suspension. It started creaking so loud!! Other than that, its solid. I just tinted my front windows 35% and im loving it even more :D

·
Registered
507 Posts
Have had a 2011 touring and now a 2011 touring elite. When I sold the touring a month ago it had over 12,000 miles on it. I loved that van. I'd give it a 8.5-9. I had the battery light come on once when it was new. It had the creaky front strut replaced twice and the AC seemed warm so the charged it for me. I wish either van could have a keyless system.

Now I have my touring elite and love it so far. I have just over 1,000 miles on it and haven't had the battery light yet. I'm sure the squeaky strut is on the way. I do wish it had a keyless system still.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Mileage is totally in line with what I was expecting (hoping) for. A "10".

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
We have a Touring Elite, took delivery in December, now it has about 7-8k miles. We are very happy with it, I had hoped the fuel economy was slightly better at highway speeds, in city seems resonable. Also, I wish the front seats were a little more comfortable, I find the 2nd row seats more comfortable, the dead pedal should also be about 1-2inch further. Also, it would have been nice if the TPMS indicated the pressure of each tire like the old model did.
jhgfd: I have a 2008 TL typeS, and I don't really see how you can compare the odyssey to the TL. Honda has to cut some corners with the minivan, power motors, power tailgate, extra sheet metal, more framing, more seating all those things cost money. My TL cost about $36k when I bought it, the van cost about $41K, I don't think that's out of line at all. It doesn't matter how new or old the technology is (memory seats and all that), you still gotta make the parts.

anyways bottom line, I'd give the van an 8 or 9.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts