Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there fellow Canadian Odyssey owners. I recently found out a local contact from my VAG days who offers re-programmable (clone-able) TPMS' here in Calgary.

I had used the factory wheels/sensors with winters last season and needed a set for the summer wheels/tires. I've had them on the summers for about a month now, and everything is working as it should be. I'm looking at getting yet another set of TPMS' for another car in the family and was wondering if there would be other members interested. If so, perhaps I can convince the local contact to do a group buy. (although, even at his prices, they're significantly less than the other online alternative; heck they were substantially less costly than the OEM TPMS and getting the dealer to push the programming every season).

I paid $200 CAD, and it took about 15 minutes from the time I showed up, had the TPMS sensor ID's read and the new sensors in my hand. The local contact had mentioned some of his other clients provide him the TPMS ID's via email (retrieved from a tire shop) and had programmed new sensors and shipped them out as well.

These are not the cheap rubber valve stem sensors, but with metal valve stems (Autel MX) along with the installation tool and original packaging etc. There's a 24 month/24k mile manufacture's warranty for defects as well.

The only other place I've found online (from Florida) was for $220US + shipping + duties + GST (~$315 CAD) and you still had to rent the tool to read the TPMS ID's for another $20US.

Let me know if there's any interest, and I'll approach my contact. I would think that he'd be open to shipping as he's done so in the past.

Please post here if you're interested.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Hi everyone, spoke to the contact I have here in Calgary in regards to a Group Buy. They said as long as they don't need to organize it, then they'll be open to a Group Buy.

The GB is open for up to 2 weeks time (i.e. ends @ end of day on June 5, 2017).

If you're local in Calgary, can arrange to have your TPMS' scanned and programmed during the week as soon as the GB is closed as well as can pay in person.

For those who are not local, please go to your local tire shop to have the TPMS ID's read (remember to copy them down or take a picture of the TPMS scanner to save the TPMS ID's). Not sure if Autozone or any of the auto parts stores have the service of free TPMS ID reading.

So here's the breakdown:

0-3 Sets - at $190 CAD tax-in (+shipping if required)
4-5 Sets - at $185 CAD tax-in (+shipping if required)

Payment methods: Email Interact (in Canada); alternatively Paypal is available with a 3.5% fee.

All TPMS' will be shipped out as soon as the GB closes. Please note I've ran many successful GB's in the past for brakes, suspension etc. So I have lots of experience doing so, and just trying to facilitate to help other enthusiasts get a better deal. The local contact I have who is supply and doing all the programming has been a guy I've known for 15+ years back from my VW/Audi days, and is a bang-up individual. I've also conducted thousands of Paypal transactions for items sold on Ebay as well as facilitating/hosting GB's, so feel free to check my reviews on Paypal.

Please PM or email me at [email protected] if you'd like to participate.

Below's the list of participants:

(1) JDMMAN - 1 set
(2)
(3)
(4)
(5)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
GB open to enthusiasts south of the border as well.

0-3 Sets - at $190 CAD tax-in (+shipping if required) -> ~$141 USD + shipping
4-5 Sets - at $185 CAD tax-in (+shipping if required) -> ~$137 USD + shipping

Normally are $148 USD + shipping

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Forgot to mention, it doesn't have to be only for Odyssey. The set I'm getting is for my brother's RVR. This GB is open to other makes of vehicles too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts