Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My AC stopped working so my husband noticed a small rock hit the condensor. He replaced it, had the unit recharged and everything seemed ok, except when it's really hot out, we turn the rear ac on and then it blows only hot air and causes the front to do the same. If I shut the unit off, then only put on the front ac, it works fine. The only time there is an issue is when the rear ac is turned on. I checked all the fuses. Any idea on what is happening?

Also, husband had the pressure rechecked for the freon so it's not short of any and also checked for leaks and there doesn't appear to be any. Thanks

·
Registered
10,414 Posts
What year and model is your Odyssey?

·
Registered
10,414 Posts
Check that the compressor is running when the rear AC is on and both front and rear are blowing hot air. The compressor will cut out if the engine is running too hot.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Krissy,
Do you recall what the pressure level was reduced to? I ask as I now have the same problem with my '02 after having some additional refrigerant added to my A/C. I'm crossing my fingers that all I need the shop to do is remove some excess refrigerant.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Krissy,
Thank you. That did help. I had some refrigerant removed and my rear AC is now working again. (Kids are very happy)
I'm happy I saw your post as the shop had me expecting a $400+/- repair bill to replace what they called the rear a/c evaporator valve. Like you, my solution was to remove some refrigerant.
Front and rear AC work when the pressure was reduced to 35lbs, measured with the font and rear AC on full and the compressor engaged.
Many thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am so glad it worked! When we had the problem, I searched & searched and couldnt find any solutions. That is why I posted how we fixed the problem. Thought it could help someone one day and it did! Enjoy the cold air!!! :)

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Lazlow115 said:
Krissy,
Thank you. That did help. I had some refrigerant removed and my rear AC is now working again. (Kids are very happy)
I'm happy I saw your post as the shop had me expecting a $400+/- repair bill to replace what they called the rear a/c evaporator valve. Like you, my solution was to remove some refrigerant.
Front and rear AC work when the pressure was reduced to 35lbs, measured with the font and rear AC on full and the compressor engaged.
Many thanks.
Where do you measure the pressure? Is it at the same low pressure port where you add the refrigerant?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.