Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all.
2000 Honda Odyssey
New to the forum, I’ve searched through the topics but can’t find anything to fix my issue.
The rear blower motor is not working.
Replaced resistor and still not working.
40amp is fine.
#3 7.5 is fine.
I found a post with diagnostics, ran jumper wire from yellow/blue wire to ground to test motor. Didn’t work. Hooked motor directly to 12 volt battery and it worked.
Used volt meter at motor connector and not getting any voltage. Went under the hood and used volt meter at the 40amp. Not getting any voltage there either.
Any suggestions?
thanks

·
Registered
9,255 Posts
Went under the hood and used volt meter at the 40amp. Not getting any voltage there either.
Are you sure this fuse is good?

Its power is unswitched so it should always have 12V.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, it’s not burnt out, even tried to switch it with another 40 just in case. Still not working. Can hear relays in back clicking with knob but no voltage going to motor or the fuse.

·
Registered
9,255 Posts
The battery feed to the fuse/relay box A, fuse 60 (40A rear blower) also feeds the adjacent fuse 61 (30A left power sliding door).

Do you have power sliding doors? Is the left side one working okay?

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
There is the front control and the rear overhead control. I've had problems where the front knob will slip, I think I'm turning on or adjusting the rear but the front switch is still set to off!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No, the drivers side sliding door doesn’t work. Just makes a low beeping sound when you try and actuate it.

·
Registered
9,255 Posts
You are looking at the correct fuse, right? In the small 4-circuit fuse/relay box just in front of the battery?

You have to trace the power feed to that fuse back the few inches to the battery.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yep! Looking at the 4 fuse next to battery. However I don’t see any wire that connects to the battery? Maybe that is the problem. Would you happen to have a picture on how yours is hooked up? The only wires I see go To the ground, and then the large mass of wires that run inside the firewall.

·
Registered
9,255 Posts
Pic below shows the cable from the + battery post to the box.

This is an '02, but the wiring manual gives no indication that there's any difference between '99 and '04.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Okay! Mine doesn’t have that cable. To the battery, may be my entire issue. Can you tell if that just to the rear blower? Or does it run to blower and to the door?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
FIXED!! Your picture fixed it! I compared your picture to what I had going. Seems like someone had taken those two wires and grounded them, cut, spliced and hooked to battery and now it’s fixed! That and my driver sliding door.

·
Registered
9,255 Posts
Incredible that someone would confuse a power wire for a ground! The world has too many pretend electrical experts. :rolleyes:

Great find and fix. :cool:

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
FIXED!! Your picture fixed it! I compared your picture to what I had going. Seems like someone had taken those two wires and grounded them, cut, spliced and hooked to battery and now it’s fixed! That and my driver sliding door.
Great that it worked!! Next time you post a problem, tell the viewers that you recently purchased it and it didn't work when you got it. If not, we just figure that something happened while you owned it and don't count on someone modifying it like yours was.
Enjoy your ride and left sliding door.
Have a fun filled 4th!!
Great job 'davesdrivesody'!!! 😁
Buffalo4

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah, good point. Did just buy it last week but I Appreciate the help, wife is happy, and kids aren’t sweating from the heat now.
I can’t really believe it was that simple, but glad it was and makes total sense now.. Auto shop wanted almost 700$ to replace the motor. But I knew that wasn’t the issue.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts