Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
With 50 post to your resume you've should have seen half a dozen conversations about them
Yes, they are cheap and easy to do

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Recently when replacing my rear shocks I noticed more of the plastic hanging out and cut it off. I don't hear any noise out of my springs. I'm not concerned about replacing it until one of my airlift bags breaks again and forces me to disconnect the arm.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Replace top and bottom cushions. Use OEM parts since they are not expensive.
Thanks for creating those helpful videos. I ended only buying the two lower ones as my dealership quoted me 34 per upper cushion. Hard no for me. lower ones were 9 & 7 dollars.

·
Registered
27 Posts
There is a TSB for this. It includes changing the lower control arm as well.

I recently had the dealership do it for me. The costs were covered through Hondacare. They changed both the LCA as well.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I don't see the spring seats/cushions or bump stops on RockAuto.Com. I'm surprised.

I can imagine the lifespan of the spring cushions is longer when a new control arm in included. Probably vice-versa even...get new cushions when you're replacing the LCA. Makes sense.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I don't see the spring seats/cushions or bump stops on RockAuto.Com. I'm surprised.

I can imagine the lifespan of the spring cushions is longer when a new control arm in included. Probably vice-versa even...get new cushions when you're replacing the LCA. Makes sense.
its clear the van is heavily loaded with cargo and towing to destroy them to that degree..

highly recommend the timbrens, super durable over the oem plastic crap and keeps your ride level.

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
its clear the van is heavily loaded with cargo and towing to destroy them to that degree..

highly recommend the timbrens, super durable over the oem plastic crap and keeps your ride level.
His bump stop looks fine and it's a foam material. Timbren or no timbren, the plastic lower cushion will deteriorate with time and use.

·
Registered
316 Posts
His bump stop looks fine and it's a foam material. Timbren or no timbren, the plastic lower cushion will deteriorate with time and use.
ah yes that stupid plastic crap, thats supposed to withstand hundreads of pounds per square inch of force.

Honda cutting more corners and not make it rubber like even cheaper GM's do.

·
Registered
316 Posts
looks like a common issue

·
Registered
526 Posts
Is it something you could make with a printer?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Is it something you could make with a printer?
im sure you could 3d print the mold for it, then use a liquid curable material like neoprene or urethane.

not sure why a company like moog wouldn't jump on a solution for this.

based on all the threads here, there is a market for it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts