Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Seems odd to be changing the rear brakes first (48000 uber miles), but they are squeaking. Anyone know where to get the torque specs?

Thanks!
Lawrence

·
Registered
18 Posts
I’ve changed a lot of brakes before, but I don’t know what you mean by brake torque specs.
Brake torque specs would include the correct torque values to tighten the brake caliper bracket bolts, the brake caliper slide pin bolts, etc. I don't know the specifications for the Odyssey, but just as an example, these are for the 2016 Pilot. You can see that there are some big differences between some of these torque values, so you really don't just want to tighten them up without any idea as to how tight you made them. The banjo bolt usually has a copper washer on it to prevent leaks, so that torque value is pretty important also.

These values were found on the 2016 Pilot service manual information which is here. It had been posted by a member on the Pilot forum several years ago. I would imagine the Odyssey may be pretty similar but it would be worth it to find out for sure. My local library has both Chilton and All Data repair manuals available on line for free access from home (Chilton) or in the library for both.

2016 Pilot Service Manual Information

Front brake caliper bolts (slide pins) 53 lbf-ft 72 N-m
Front brake bracket 101 lbf-ft 137 N-m
Front brake hose banjo bolt 26 lbf-ft 35 N-m

·
Registered
16 Posts
My rear brakes are squeaking as well. Left side in particular. Started when my car only had 200 miles on it. Contacted Honda they replaced pads and it was quiet for 500 miles and it started again. I’m assuming you changed your break pads and if so, have they been quiet ever since? What pads did you use?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts