Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Can anyone living in a cold climate zone answer this one. I have a '06 Honda Odyssey EXL, whenever I back up or drive forward a little and touch the brakes lightly the rear brakes squeal really loud. It only happens when it's cold out like today when it's at -10C. I drive away slowly and touch the brakes lightly a few times and the brake squeal goes away almost instantly. I took it to the dealer and they did an inspection on all the brakes and said that there is 70% left on the front and 80% on the rears. They said that this is normal when the brakes are cold. But, it's the first time I noticed it in 5 years of driving it.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Squeaky brakes can be from a combination of the compounds used on the pad, or debris/contaminants on the pad surface. What you can try is remove the pads, and scrub the entire pad surface with some emory cloth or sandpaper. Do the same for the rotor if you want. Then spray it down with some brake cleaner and put it back together.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
If it does not bother you live with it.

My 2007 Ody does not do that but....

My 1998 Volvo V70 does exactly that, when it is -10C, the brake squeaks a bit when first driven out of the driveway. After that, all is good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts