Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2006 Honda Odyssey EX L

when the van is cold and i try to press the rear button on the dash, nothing turns on =no green light nothing. after 4 or 5 minutes, it starts the green light starts to blink when i press it, then the fan picture starts to blink...then finally after a couple more minutes i'm able to get the light to stay on and use the rear heat, etc.

any ideas?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
climate control issue

2006 Honda Odyssey EX L

when the van is cold and i try to press the rear button on the dash, nothing turns on =no green light nothing. after 4 or 5 minutes, the green light starts to blink when i press it, then the fan picture starts to blink...then finally after a couple more minutes i'm able to get the light to stay on and use the rear heat, etc.

any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
13,875 Posts
Its never a good idea to cross post the same thing in multiple forums. Merged your two threads. :)

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
2006 Honda Odyssey EX L

when the van is cold and i try to press the rear button on the dash, nothing turns on =no green light nothing. after 4 or 5 minutes, the green light starts to blink when i press it, then the fan picture starts to blink...then finally after a couple more minutes i'm able to get the light to stay on and use the rear heat, etc.

any ideas?
Mine is a '06 EXL also and mine works fine. I press the rear button and the green light comes on right away.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update: Honda dealer and Honda Direct haven't been able to figure out the problem. They believe there is a short somewhere in the wiring.

·
Registered
13 Posts
It seems like with all the techy in these vans...things go out.

I've had the backlit bulb on the seat warmer go out already at 47,000mi.

Ugh....glad I bought the extended warranty.

This is my first honda and the first time I've ever bought an Extended warranty for over 25yrs.

07EXLREN

1 - 7 of 7 Posts