Honda Odyssey Forum banner

Rear Climate High Pitched Noise

6K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  wolfievtec 
#1 ·
I have a 2018 Honda Odyssey Elite, and three months after buying it we started hearing an intermittent high pitched noise. We took it to the dealer twice, and they never heard the noise, but as soon as I got it home there it was. Through trial and error, we narrowed the noise down to our Rear Climate Control system, but our dealer still says they can't find the problem. Has anyone else had this problem, and been able to fix it?

#3 ·
We have the same issue on our 2018 EX-L. I just noticed it after a long trip for Thanksgiving. I haven't checked to see if it's coming from the rear climate system yet. Assumed it was the audio system, perhaps related to Apple CarPlay or Bluetooth Audio, but that doesn't seem to be the problem. It's super annoying now since I became aware.

#7 ·
Yes, the dealer replaced the rear fan motor assembly. Part # 79315-THR-A42. I had to show them the below Honda Tech Bulletin. (you can google search this and print it out for them) They replaced it and I've never had a noise since. If they give you problems ask to talk to a service manager, I had to do this after my second visit where they said they couldn't find anything. Hope this solves your issue!

Honda TSB 19-023

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.