Honda Odyssey Forum banner

41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Charlie,

My 2016 SE does not come with an auto open and close tailgate. We have to open it manually, I am not sure I need to do that.

Thanks,

Jdang
As mentioned earlier in the thread, the issue is not the auto-lift mechanism, it is the latch release mechanism that is the same for all the vans. There is no mechanical link between the button on the liftgate and the latch. The button fails in cold weather (part numbers are different between trims due to the rear camera, not due to the lift mechanism).

Also, the TSB has been updated to include all 4th gen vans (through MY 2017).

-Charlie

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had exactly the same very frustrating problem...makes the van useless when I need it most. 2016 EX. Dealer agreed to change the handle switch on warranty. It changed nothing. Took it back and they brought it into the garage by the time they got to it it warmed up and worked fine... almost word for word reply from the manager that someone else posted...no problem no fix. I noticed even when warm it often does not fully release. I have to push it twice. When cold I have to press many times and pull on it and just when ready to give up it usually opens...seems better pushing one side then the other back and forth with no gloves on and pulling on it at the same time...kind if a nightmare... I am taking it back this week as it is freezing again and will tell them to keep it till they fix it.... I will print this forum and give it to them and ask who should I post my videos to before to publish them on line.... there is probably a class action here if they don't get this right....you can't always fit items you need to carry through a side door. There can be safety issues with this in some situations.

41 - 42 of 42 Posts