Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The rear power outlet has been loose for a long time. Is there a quick way to put that back in without taking off the entire panel?

For now I just put some tape around the wire to hold it steady. It was making rattling noise.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,076 Posts
Looks like there is another part called the housing that might have fallen down behind the trim. See the attached for a diagram...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks New Dad. I saw the housing on the other side of the panel. I could not figure out how to hold it to turn the threads. Not even sure how this came loose unless the socket was turned that much. No easy way looks like. I thought if I could go from the bottom of car to hold it, no opening. How to remove the panel nicely?

·
Registered
6,076 Posts
The trim looks like a bear to remove. See the attached...

Attachments

·
Registered
447 Posts
I would try to glue it in.
5 minute epoxy would hold it, super glue might work.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Doesn't look like too much trouble to remove the trim. In the 2011 Odyssey it's like removing half the interior when you pull that panelling. On this one you have to pull the smaller piece near the back and then I would imagine you could just pull part of the main panel off (left side) and reach the housing quite easily. Your call though. Epoxy should work too....just don't breath it. It smells like cancer that is suffering from cancer. Brutal.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks New Dad and watchman. OMG major work. I will try this and report back.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is the quickest way to fix the rear accessory socket.
1.) Pop the rear speaker grill
2.) Take the three screws out that hold the speaker in place.
3.) Move the speaker out of the way(You dont have to disconnect it.)
4.) Reach in and screw in the retainer while holding the socket from the outside with your other arm.

Once I figured it out, it was like a ten minute fix.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks. Will definitely give this a try.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Just fixed it finally. "That was easy". Thank you abrarbarkat. I did disconnect the speaker since it had a quick connect (factory speaker). More room to work with. Next I have to get better speakers (all).

·
Registered
288 Posts
Great tip on accessing the back side of a loose rear power outlet via left rear speaker removal. I just completed the fix as our rear power accessory outlet came loose a few days ago. Indeed a 10 - 15 minute fix. One additional tip I can offer is I took the extra step of putting one wrap of teflon tape around the socket threads before screwing the "sleeve" back on with the hope the extra grip of the teflon tape will hold this assembly together even longer. It did take 8+ years for this one to wiggle loose, so I should not have to repeat this repair again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts