Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I'm going over some things regarding rear speakers here.

The 02 models use 6.5" speakers now instead of the 4" units used in previous model years. I know the Pioneer TS-A1086s "drop" right in to MY99-01, and even leave room for a foam baffle behind them.

The specs on the 1086s show a top-mounting depth of 1-11/16 inches. There is no bottom-mount depth listed.

1086 owners, how much room is back there? Are you hitting metal once the baffles are in place, or is there a bunch of room back there?

Good 6.5 inchers will require at least 3/4 inch more depth back there, I think. If that depth isn't there, then we're stuck with the Pioneer 1655 or similar.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
568 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by adam1991:
OK, so I'm going over some things regarding rear speakers here.

The 02 models use 6.5" speakers now instead of the 4" units used in previous model years. I know the Pioneer TS-A1086s "drop" right in to MY99-01, and even leave room for a foam baffle behind them.

The specs on the 1086s show a top-mounting depth of 1-11/16 inches. There is no bottom-mount depth listed.

1086 owners, how much room is back there? Are you hitting metal once the baffles are in place, or is there a bunch of room back there?

Good 6.5 inchers will require at least 3/4 inch more depth back there, I think. If that depth isn't there, then we're stuck with the Pioneer 1655 or similar.

Any thoughts?
</font>
I didn't add baffles to my 1086. But I did look into the rear walls after I removed the stock rear speakers. There are plenty of room behind it. The rear seat belt rest behind those walls too.

Somehow speaker wires are wrapped differently by Honda. The one on the right side has just wires, the one on the left has a few layers of black electric tape wrapped around them. Come to think about it, I thinkk the front speaker wires are wrapped the same way as the rear ones.

------------------
'01 GG EX
Mud Guard, Wheel Lock, Cargo Tray, Weathertech Mats
leather steerling wheel cover, Pioneer 1655 front speakers, 1086 rear speakers, Lojack

1 - 2 of 2 Posts