Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I've been lurking for a bit and appreciate everyone's contributions to the forum, they have been a big help.

On my vehicle, it seems that every time I start it up, the Rear Audio speakers are off by default. I need to go into settings and turn them back on.

Is there a way to default it so that they are always on?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hello,

I've been lurking for a bit and appreciate everyone's contributions to the forum, they have been a big help.

On my vehicle, it seems that every time I start it up, the Rear Audio speakers are off by default. I need to go into settings and turn them back on.

Unfortunately I have not seen a good solution for this yet. As great as the Odyssey is, there are quirks like this where the design was just poorly executed.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hello,

You can also try asking the dealer. The salesman you bought the car from should be able to help you with that.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Could this have something to do with the 5.1 Theater Mode? Perhaps some of the speakers are only used in that mode?

·
Super Moderator
1,165 Posts
Hello,

Could this have something to do with the 5.1 Theater Mode? Perhaps some of the speakers are only used in that mode?
Check out the article "5.1 Surround Sound DVD Dialogue Comes From Just Front Speakers" in this Honda Service News post. It is the only thing I could find that relates to your issue.

http://www.odyclub.com/forums/9-problems-concerns/41641-honda-service-news-6.html#post817457

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had my 14 Elite for a week now, and found the same issue. I searched the past forums and found that if the DVD player is ON, the speakers will not operate, even if the screen is stowed and the RR system is not in use. Try looking for the ON/OFF button to the left of the slot where you insert the DVD and switching the system OFF. When you switch the ignition off and back on, the DVD will remain off and the speakers should be working again.

·
Registered
72 Posts
funny... I just discovered this problem today. for the first time I played a cd today and played with the rear remote. not sure which is the cause , but I noticed that the rear audio off icon was on
the display. could not find where to enable them in the menu... so after a long while I asked my wife (sits in back with kids) to press the power button on the rear remote. voila! did the trick. now, I have to see if playing another cd defaults to turning off the rear and if pressing DVD power button also restores rear speakers.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
funny... I just discovered this problem today. for the first time I played a cd today and played with the rear remote. not sure which is the cause , but I noticed that the rear audio off icon was on
the display. could not find where to enable them in the menu... so after a long while I asked my wife (sits in back with kids) to press the power button on the rear remote. voila! did the trick. now, I have to see if playing another cd defaults to turning off the rear and if pressing DVD power button also restores rear speakers.
Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not to resurrect a dead thread but I was having this same issue and discovered a solution.

The rear audio is disabled when the rear audio is selected as the primary output. I suppose the purpose is to drive the audio to the headphones. What I discovered is to just use the front audio as the primary and rear speakers are always active for me by default.

If the front audio was selected when I turned the car off then the rear speakers would be active the next time I started the car. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thanks guys, I was having the same trouble on our TE 16.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have had my 14 Elite for a week now, and found the same issue. I searched the past forums and found that if the DVD player is ON, the speakers will not operate, even if the screen is stowed and the RR system is not in use. Try looking for the ON/OFF button to the left of the slot where you insert the DVD and switching the system OFF. When you switch the ignition off and back on, the DVD will remain off and the speakers should be working again.
Winner winner - that’s it

1 - 12 of 12 Posts