Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We ordered the rear springs from hondacarpartsdirect and received 2 springs going the exact same direction. We asked for a replacement for the L side and they sent us a pic of the one we already have. My husband is a mechanic and has worked on Hondas and Integras for years. Where can we buy the springs and get correct? Google only brings eBay results that fit, every other site I've tried say they do not fit.

For 2014 Odyssey EX-L.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Interesting, hadn't even thought it mattered...but here's the ones came off of mine

·
Registered
510 Posts
Are there part numbers on the springs you received? Their own site clearly shows 2 different part numbers for L and R:

If you haven't specified the part numbers when ordering/exchanging, I would try that. It would be harder for them to screw it up then.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
why change the springs if they aren't broken?
if the rear of your van is saggin, use some timbrens or air lifts.

On the plus side you are using genuine honda replacement springs which are superior to most aftermarket.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The springs we got are 2 different numbers but they both go the same direction, like they're not packaged right. They're direct from Honda too.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Did you CALL them?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did you CALL them?
Yes... the dealer said he was calling Honda today to ask for an inventory check and if they can't get us the part then he will refund it, so I need to know where I can buy it.

I just want new springs, one side was sagging was worse then the other and it has 125k miles.

·
Registered
510 Posts
The springs we got are 2 different numbers but they both go the same direction, like they're not packaged right. They're direct from Honda too.
You don't have one upside down do you?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You don't have one upside down do you?

I don't understand why I'm getting these remarks? My husband.. is a mechanic for a living. Has atleast 15 years experience with all of this. I can't find the springs anywhere online other then used on eBay, I just wondered if anyone knew a place to get it that I didn't know about in case the dealer can't get it. I have a multi-state roadtrip coming up and would like to have this done.

Thanks for the help :/.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This is the one we have, the R and L look exactly the same, there's no way to have it upside down. This is supposed to be the L side but it's going the wrong direction and will not fit, he's tried.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
WOW
understand your frustration, however an underhanded thanks is not in order.
DD gracefully noted the part numbers for you.

Those part numbers should get you what need from any of these sources by utilizing their search.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
WOW
understand your frustration, however an underhanded thanks is not in order.
DD gracefully noted the part numbers for you.

Those part numbers should get you what need from any of these sources by utilizing their search.

I didn't need the underhanded comments asking if its upside down or if I called. I'm so glad my husband doesn't go out of his way to make women feel stupid for asking for help. He just wanted to know if anyone had suggestions but okay. I regret asking here.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I don't understand why I'm getting these remarks? My husband.. is a mechanic for a living. Has atleast 15 years experience with all of this. I can't find the springs anywhere online other then used on eBay, I just wondered if anyone knew a place to get it that I didn't know about in case the dealer can't get it. I have a multi-state roadtrip coming up and would like to have this done.

Thanks for the help :/.
Lol, I wasn't trying to be a dick... welcome to the internet though, you must be new here.

If you are so sure you have identical parts, just send it back and order from somewhere else. It's possible honda messed up the packaging, but it's more likely the dealership you ordered from messed up, whether they admit to it or not. If they're giving you trouble, send them both back and take your business elsewhere.

Also, not sure what you are googling, but I get a whole bunch of online dealerships as first results if I search the part number. Amazon even has them ffs.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I know this will also offend you, but the truth is the truth...learn from it.

Someone posting here to ask where to possibly buy Honda OEM parts other than one particular Honda dealer is not displaying a depth or breadth of knowledge of auto repair and parts identification/sourcing. Sorta' like asking "What's a ratchet wrench?" You'll get people willing to help you at that level, the level you demonstrate.

But . .. . Ya' cant ask newbie questions and demand to be "talked" to like an expert. Or the unpaid staff will likely walk away.

Oh, and even experts sometimes need the reminder to make sure the basics are right. Nobody in the last two millenia has been perfect.

Let me add a positive suggestion: Let your husband make the customer service request of the place you bought from. He's likely to get better results, and not because he's a guy.

Reactions: CroMath

·
Registered
2015 Odyssey EX
2,334 Posts
Lol, I wasn't trying to be a dick... welcome to the internet though, you must be new here.
No kidding... Odyclub is one of the kindest, gentlest forums I've ever been a part of. I attribute a fair bit of this to what is likely a significant proportion of woman posters. I'm sure there are lots of women here because they are often the primary drivers of Odysseys, and it's not fair to assume they all have "manly men" in their lives who are happy or capable to take care of the family fleet. Lots of times (whether allowed by choice or forced by circumstances) the car guy in the family is a girl - I've seen it a lot and think it's awesome. At the end of the day, we all just need the damn van to work properly without too much fuss. None of us are getting rich by posting here, so ask fairly and we'll respond fairly.

You want to see mean, harsh and condescending? Take a look at some Subaru, BMW, Corvette, BITOG, pretty much any pickup truck forums come to mind... those guys can be hard.

·
Registered
2016 Touring Elite
1,514 Posts
You want to see mean, harsh and condescending? Take a look at some Subaru, BMW, Corvette, BITOG, pretty much any pickup truck forums come to mind... those guys can be hard.
Haha... Yes. Oddly though, the main 4Runner forum is great and helpful too, even with nearly 100% male membership.

Step 1 on the internet: never reveal your gender.
Step 2: realize that's just how the internet is.

Then again, the comment about an upside down spring isn't a smart one. The spring is coiled the same way when you turn it over, and they are not symmetrical top to bottom.

I'd be surprised if there is really non symmetric sag in the rear of the van, but I suppose it could happen. If it is a small difference L to R, it might just be a blown out spring seat on one side - with the motion ratio of the springs to wheel, a small change in spring height from the missing bottom isolator/seat might be noticeable at the wheel. I otherwise haven't heard of Honda springs having trouble aging poorly.

-Charlie

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
If the guy doing the work is a professional mechanic of 15 years with lots of Honda and Acura experience, I would be inclined to rely on his eyes-on diagnosis.

·
Registered
553 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts