Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for reading. My 95 odyssey has got some issues I cant quite figure out. The rear squeaks,creeks, even clunks a little. I raised it up and sprayed all rubber bushings with silicone. When I raise the driver's rear up, the noise becomes more pronounced on the passenger rear while it compresses. This leads me to believe my rear ball joints might be bad.

Again when I jack up the rear the noise is replicated. When I drive over road irregularies and turns the noise is there. Squeeaacchh repeat x10...to that effect.The rear Dampeners are good(the bushings are cracked though), the springs are good, and the rear sway bar is good. I use it as my work van and when I load it to capacity the noise goes away except over bumps.

Few things I want to know. One is it the rear ball joints doing this? Two where can I find some replacements? Three what is the maxium payload of a 95 Odyssey?(cant find this anywhere)

·
Registered
424 Posts
Check your rear, lower control arm bushings. I have the same problem and it squeaks like a pig !! This seems to be a common problem on 1st gen Odys.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Mine also! Its a little hidden & thus hard to get some kind of lube to it. I had my wife bounce while I was under back & found with a hose to my ear, then shot it with lube & it disappeared for a while.

·
Registered
44 Posts
LMAO thanks for posting this.. im glad im in the same club my car squeaks so bad.. its annoying.. i have raise the volume on radio.. to go over the squeaking .... as i pass people i see them looking at my way like WTF is that squeaking coming from .. I seriously need to figure it out.. Im going to replace everything soon...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks again for helping me everyone(especially itr0754). I checked my rear ball joints and they are good. I found out where the noises are coming from. It is the control arms. The upper ones with the ball joint attached. so basically sooner or later I'm going to need new rear upper control arms. In the mean time I jacked the van up and soaked those control arm bushings with WD40. The noises were completely gone for one day then came back. So I sprayed the control arm bushings again this time with silicone grease. Noise is gone for now.
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/catimgs/13sx001_b29.png <-------number 24

1 - 6 of 6 Posts