Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, has anyone besides me thought of using a rear sway bar and end links from a Ridgeline? Although the mount would be somewhat fabricated, seems pretty easily doable at first glance, you could use the trailing arm holes that are there on my '06 for a mount of end links. Then just need to make sure that it clears the fuel tank and does not flop on anything. Then just make some body mounts.
:coolio:

·
Registered
355 Posts
Biggest question for me would be if it could clear the third seat storage area. I don't know on the 06 since I have an 02.

·
Registered
203 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
sorry fellas... but these parts aren't for the USDM Ody. Looks more like JDM. It's a completely different (and smaller) vehicle.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I purchased a 2013 EX-L so my German Shepard could ride from Mass. to Florida in comfort. This Odyssey sways enough to make my wife and Calvin have motion sickness which never was a problem in any other vehicle we have owned. I'm now looking for an aftermarket sway bar maunfacturer. I think I may start with urethane bushings first.

·
Registered
10,119 Posts
Other solutions to stabilize the rear might be larger wheels with lower profile tires, or air bags for the rear.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Other solutions to stabilize the rear might be larger wheels with lower profile tires, or air bags for the rear.
X2 on Dave's comments about the thinner sidewall tires and rear airbags. The rear airbags effect the handling noticeable depending on inflation. In a good way. easy to make it stiffer when needed, or back to cush ride. It sounds like you wany things a little bit stiffer? Some 19"-20" rims would definitely firm things up a bit... but so would finlating the tires (maybe 10psi below max rating on the tire). Are your tires inflated correctly? I'm sure your shocks aren't blown yet.. right? I've never noticed the stock Ody to be that bad...

Too bad there's no rear sway bar to play with... but the fronts...(?) I don't know if the shape or dimension will be swappable, but perhaps we can investigate the MDX, Ridgeline, Pilot front bars? Just note that if you do get stiffer front bars, you should try to balance handling w/ something for the rears (airbags?)

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey, my old thread! I have not had time to mess with it but perhaps the ridgeline one would work. Seems like a possibility. Otherwise I guess either custom or a lot of trial and error to see what fits. Ridgeline does not have seat, but it does have a similar storage area!

Oh, and my 18's do help as far as handling. It does ride busier. I also put some spring spacers in the rear springs (1.5") which was incredibly easy and that stiffened it up quite a bit and made for better load handling. :DD

·
Registered
4 Posts
CUSTOM REAR SWAY BAR 1999-2004 Honda Odyssey - HELLO EVERYONE.. If someone lives in the Oregon Area. Johnny Spiva is willing to make a Rear Sway bar for you and possibly offer it as an New Product. All he needs is your car to take measurements and to make the bar and hardware! He is a racer and makes his own swaybars and bushings. I put one on my old van and worked great!

Here's his contact # Johnny Spiva
63104 Daniels Creek Road
Coos Bay, Oregon 97420
------------------------------
Welcome to Poly Bushings.com
Phone: (541) 266-0890
Cell phone is (503) 869-6156
or e-mail at [email protected]

·
Registered
859 Posts
CUSTOM REAR SWAY BAR 1999-2004 Honda Odyssey - HELLO EVERYONE.. If someone lives in the Oregon Area. Johnny Spiva is willing to make a Rear Sway bar for you and possibly offer it as an New Product. All he needs is your car to take measurements and to make the bar and hardware! He is a racer and makes his own swaybars and bushings. I put one on my old van and worked great!

Here's his contact # Johnny Spiva
63104 Daniels Creek Road
Coos Bay, Oregon 97420
------------------------------
Welcome to Poly Bushings.com
Phone: (541) 266-0890
Cell phone is (503) 869-6156
or e-mail at [email protected]
Already did a custom bar for the rear of my 2002. Mine really helps.
http://www.odyclub.com/forums/30-performance-mods/173778-my-new-rear-sway-bar.html
My offer still stands for providing free info. I have no interest in making/ supplying parts even though they are quite simple
to fabricate. Maybe someone else wants to though?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts