Honda Odyssey Forum banner

What problem did you have with your rear vent windows?

• Bad motor fixed under warranty

Votes: 40 8.1%
  • Bad motor fixed NOT under warranty

Votes: 60 12.1%
  • Bad motor not fixed

Votes: 227 46.0%
  • Had different problem (please elaborate by posting below)

Votes: 18 3.6%
  • Had more than one problem (please elaborate by posting below)

Votes: 12 2.4%
  • Never had a problem

Votes: 154 31.2%

• Total voters
141 - 146 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
On my 2003 EXL, the rear vent windows barely open when the car is hot inside, ie:summer day sitting in the sun . When it cools down,they work a little better.
It is as if the motors are very weak and get weaker when it is hotter. If I have someone lightly pull on the vent windows when I am trying to open them, they will open all the way.
Buffalo4
PS:Sounds like a PITA to rake off those panels to get to the motors. :(

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had a similar problem with both motors rear vent windows. Decaying power and reached a point where there would be no longer closed. believed they were the motors and it was not so, were the contacts where they harness. were removed and directly connect the cables to the motor, and since then work to perfection.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Mine have been intermittent for years. (228,000 on my '02). I like the light bulb fix.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Rear vent power windows

Have you had any problems with your rear windows malfunctioning (including warranty repairs)? Let us know...
2002 Honda Odyssey Vent windows were used very little, two or three times a year, two days ago they stuck in the open position. Unable to close.
Looking at what Honda wants to repair them I will attempt to repair them myself. Is everyone familiar with the term design failure or obsolescence?
Honda is apparently following the example of GM, Chrysler, and Ford. Any item will break in time whether it is used or not.

·
Registered
7,379 Posts
141 - 146 of 146 Posts