Honda Odyssey Forum banner

What problem did you have with your rear vent windows?

• Bad motor fixed under warranty

Votes: 40 8.1%
  • Bad motor fixed NOT under warranty

Votes: 61 12.3%
  • Bad motor not fixed

Votes: 227 45.9%
  • Had different problem (please elaborate by posting below)

Votes: 18 3.6%
  • Had more than one problem (please elaborate by posting below)

Votes: 12 2.4%
  • Never had a problem

Votes: 154 31.1%

Rear vent power windows problems (poll)

87K views 145 replies 114 participants last post by  0dyfamily 
#1 ·
Have you had any problems with your rear windows malfunctioning (including warranty repairs)? Let us know...

#3 ·
I have noticed recently that both vent windows work intermittenly. Have not had them examined yet.

#10 ·
1999 LX. Approximately 140,000 km.

Passenger front window has developed a relationship with the passenger side vent.

When closing the vent, the front window slides down smartly.

So closing the passenger side vent is a two step process. Close the vent and passenger window opens. (Quite fast). Then close the passenger window. Unless you want to leave it open.

The relationship is totally one-way. Opening or closing the passenger's window has no effect on the vent. Which is good otherwise we would have the makings of a black & white man-against-machine comedy.

Perfection is asymptotic.

#13 ·
2000 EX, 110K miles, vents still open and close fine, but they make an awful sound like fingernails on a chalkboard when opening and closing. Been that way since we purchased with 60K miles.

#15 ·
EricW said:
2000 EX, 110K miles, vents still open and close fine, but they make an awful sound like fingernails on a chalkboard when opening and closing. Been that way since we purchased with 60K miles.
My experience is identical to EricW's. Your description of nails on a chalkboard is PERFECT! There's no apparent easy way to get to the mechanism to lubricate them either.

#17 ·
My passenger side window rattles (although the dealer didn't seem to hear it while the van was still under warranty :mad: )

Other than that they are working fine.

#19 ·
'99 LX 114,500 miles:
Nothing wrong with the motors, but drivers side vent came half-way unglued. It was only being held in place by the mount in the back that attaches to the motor! Anyways I noticed it making a scraping sound once. Checked it out and as I opened the vent the window would open and also pull away from the top.

Took to friendly body shop and they re-glued it for me no problems. Said it is common with windows like this that pivot open.

#20 ·
When its hot, the left rear window will stick open. I have to wait until the temps cool down.

#23 ·
2002ex 72k miles.

Rear windows sometimes won't open when I press down on the button. Sometimes I need to pull up on the button then depress it and it works. Same problem closing them. Sometimes I have to depress the button before pulling it up for the window to close. Both sides. Sinse new.

#24 ·
rear window

Have a 2003 EX with just over 50,000 miles and started having problems with one rear window about a year ago. We live in Florida so don't have them open much, due to using AC. I htink it is the driver's side. First it got stuck open, now it doesn't move at all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.