Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have read the many threads on the replacement of the motors and all the tips. I just cannot figure out how to remove the rear panels or where to begin. I didn't see any screws and I don't want to just start pulling on stuff. Can anyone give me some guidance here please?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hi,

I just did the rear vent window on my 04. First thing you need is the FSM.
and there is also a lot more info here. http://www.odyclub.com/forums/9-pro...r-vent-windows.html?highlight=rear+vent+motor

best to do both and give yourself about 4 hours. not including the motor repair bit which is another hour. driver side is easier than passenger since the vent is blocking the way on passenger side. best is to take your time and take out the upper and lower trim. page 20-60 and 21-142 on the FSM. the rest is common sense and a bit of courage. take it slow so you dont break or lose anything.

if you want to start, take the upper trim and start from the rear upper side and start pulling it down. its joined at the bottom with some clips which you can dislodge by poking a slim flat screwdriver at the clip points. the inner trim you can just pull out a bit towards you so you can get it off the window trim. with all the trim pieces, a picture is better but i lost my camera :(

when you do take the opener apart. dont just solder it, add a bit of copper wire to the two pieces, if you have time, take the connector out and wound some wire around the two cold soldered pieces and then solder it. that should make it a permanent fix. My hats off to itworks who figured it out.

Good Luck!

CK

·
Registered
102 Posts
Good luck. We've been having issues for the last year. I'm going to do the same thing you're doing if/when I get the engine running right.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts