Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
This is on my list of things to do when the temperatures here get below London Broil. I can see parts of my license plate frame and the bumper on the edges of my display and it drives me crazy... someone chiming in would be greatly appreciated, so I can get after it without having to wing it... :DD

·
Registered
1 Posts
I see the latest Honda backup cameras have distance lines in the view; Is it possible to upgrade the backup camera only in a 2010 Odyssey to get lines?

·
Registered
188 Posts
I wonder if anyone replaced the camera with a one with distance lines. I installed a camera on my other car. Its S/N is like 78 dB, very clear image at night, no noise. It is better than a Mercedes loaner (GLK) I had a few years ago, and has four distance lines. If someone does not like the distance lines, cut open the loop wire. Solder loop wire back and the line will show up.

I like distance lines, easy to judge how close I am to an object when backing. I will find out how easy it is to access and replace the camera.

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
I wonder if anyone replaced the camera with a one with distance lines. I installed a camera on my other car. Its S/N is like 78 dB, very clear image at night, no noise. It is better than a Mercedes loaner (GLK) I had a few years ago, and has four distance lines. If someone does not like the distance lines, cut open the loop wire. Solder loop wire back and the line will show up.

I like distance lines, easy to judge how close I am to an object when backing. I will find out how easy it is to access and replace the camera.
Ponju1 replaced his but sadly did not give much info and has not replied to PM's.
http://www.odyclub.com/forums/52-2005-2010-odyssey/288922-upgrading-oem-backup-camera-aftermarket.html#post1895313

·
Registered
188 Posts
Thank you OdyinNH for the link.
My 06 factory camera does not have noise at night, only missing the distance lines that I want to add if not too difficult.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts