Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I just picked up a rear hub/bearing which I need to replace. Just wondering, are there any special tools needed to swap them out? I recently replaced the brakes/rotors all around so the I dont expect any issues removing these part, but wondering how simple it is to replace the rear bearing etc.

Anything i should watch out for or tools?

Thanks in advance! havent really been able to find a how-to as of yet but I will continue searching.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
well after some more research it appears this will be a fairly straight forward job. Only one question though, do I need a bearing puller or no? If yes, are there any other workarounds as I dont have one etc.

Thanks!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
done. wow what an easy job, 30 min. remove caliper, rotor then remove 4 bolts holding the hub on (from behind) and voila.

another one I'm glad I didnt let the dealer do.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can you share where you got your parts? I ordered 2 sets of bearing and hub assemblies from the local Canadian Tire. The parts turned out to be manufactured by "Certified". I took the old one off and went to put the new one on but the rotor wouldn't slide on all the way. After a quick check I discovered that the shoulders on the new studs were all about .015" larger than the holes in the rotors. Reassembled the old ones and took them back for a refund but I'm still in need of bearing assemblies.

Any recommendations? Don't want to pay through the nose at Honda.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts