Honda Odyssey Forum banner

Rear Window "Magnifier"

5K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  ody2002 
#1 ·
I remember reading here someplace about a window decal you can place on the back window that magnifies the view so that you can see behind the vehicle. I'd like to get one for my wife, but I can't find the article that describes them. There was one or two that were better than the others. Can anyone help me out?

#3 ·
Yeah, we had a discussion about this some months ago. I got mine from the site posted above. Nestor(Nemogira) has one too, don't remember where he got it from.

------------------
-ROB-
'01 GG LX "Lagreat"(with stuff,just S-T-U-F-F)

http://community.webshots.com/album/18601743AkjQIJiKqK

#7 ·
It never confuses my view to the rear. I wanted to use it as an aid backing up, e.g., when parking. It works, but not as well as I would have liked. I can't see as low as I would like.

BTW: mine is mounted as low as possible on the rear window, just to the left of the wiper.

Mel

#9 ·
I use 6X8 and am quite satisfied with the result-- it doesn't block too much of my view to the rear but is big enough to be useful! Nestor has a picture in the "Gallery"-- it's also a 6X8.

PS. I also think that's the best place (center) to put that plastic lense...

[This message has been edited by ody2002 (edited 12-05-2001).]

#10 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ody2002:
I use 6X8 and am quite satisfied with the result-- it doesn't block too much of my view to the rear but is big enough to be useful! Nestor has a picture in the "Gallery"-- it's also a 6X8.
PS. I also think that's the best place (center) to put that plastic lense...
</font>
Thanks! That's what I am going to do

#12 ·
I assume it is an inside mount. Any worries in using the rear defrost (melting, etc.)?

------------------
1996 Odyssey 120,000 miles
2002EX Odyssey w/towing package
http://www.homestead.com/weaverhouse/index.html

#13 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by wallstreet123456:
If you remove it will it harm the rear defroster wires on glass??????</font>
No, it won't harm your defroster because, unlike stickers, it doesn't use any glue for sticking onto your window. You only need to spray some water to mount it. It can easily be moved to any spot you want without leaving any mark nor damaging anything. Oh, and it won't be melted by rear defroster.

I found it being most useful during the day. (Don't expect you could see anything in the dark!) Since I usually remove the 3rd row middle head restraint when nobody sits there, I mount the lense on the spot that would be blocked by the middle head restraint. When it was not mounted in the middle, images seemed to be more distorted and the lense became less helpful to me.

Sid

[This message has been edited by ody2002 (edited 12-10-2001).]

[This message has been edited by ody2002 (edited 12-10-2001).]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.