Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was there a TSB for replacing the rear window motors that squeak when opening and closing? I thought there was, but I just looked through the 'info' page and couldn't find it.

I'm still working on resetting the ABS.
It looks like I may have to take it in to the dealer.
SO I thought I might as well get the rear window motors fixed at the same time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi there!
It's been months since I logged on to this site and was happy to see your post! I wanted to let you know that I recently took in my Ody (oh by the way, your rims and tires are holding up nicely) and told them about my squeaky window vents. They replaced the motors on both sides without hesitation.
Hopefully, they did the same for you, too.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Yeah, they replaced mine the same way when they heard them - no questions asked. It must be one of those "silent warranty" items.

·
Registered
188 Posts
The passenger side motor on my '01 was replaced, the squeak was gone for about a month, and now it's back. I tried spraying some silicone lube on the joints and that helped for about a week.

Then, I disconnected the motor arm assembly from the window and cycled the motor, no squeaks. Without pulling the interior panel off to look at the motor itself (don't have a Helms Manual), I can only guess that the squeaking is caused by the cantilevered load (the force needed to squeeze the rear window against the seals) on the motor shaft. The shaft would probably deform enough to rub against the bearing (most likely a sleeve bearing). What does everyone else think?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts