Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I could swear I saw this mentioned a while ago, but I found nothing with the search...

Is it normal for the rear window sprayer to just let the fluid run out in a stream? I was hoping it would spray the cleaner, not pee all over my window.

·
Registered
103 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by tvvinkie:
I could swear I saw this mentioned a while ago, but I found nothing with the search...

Is it normal for the rear window sprayer to just let the fluid run out in a stream? I was hoping it would spray the cleaner, not pee all over my window.
</font>
That is normal. On other threads it was theorized that a spray would never make it onto the window at highway speeds (might blow away from the window), hence the stream.

However, IMO the problem isn't with the stream, it's with the speed of the wiper arm. It goes so fast that it just slaps most of the water away from the van. I feel if it went slower it would "smear" the water and therefore wash it better.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Yes, the Ody rear window washer lets out a stream rather than a spray. But on another forum (www.hondasuv.com) someone had converted the rear stream on a CRV with a front nozzle from the CRV. I've thought about trying it but was hoping one of the more adventerous would guinea pig it on their Ody first.

Here's the info:

www.hondasuv.com

Click on "Under the Hood"

Under "fixes and Upgrades" is the rear nozzle upgrade.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I recently made that modification to my Odyssey. I bought one of the front spray nozzles and then installed inside the rear spoiler. It took som fanagling, but, it fit ok and works well.

-r

·
Registered
331 Posts
oclvframe - tell us more!!!!

What P/N
How to disassamble tailgate/spoiler

Come now - give it up.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've done the mode on the wife's CRV, works great. I was hoping someone would post something about which sprayer and how to replace it?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just ordered a sprayer for the front of odyssey. I color matched it although that is not necessary since it is hidden inside the spoiler. I had to do some grinding away of the spayer to make it fit where the other one went. In the end, it worked out real nice. Now when you peer into the hole that the water comes out, there is a gold colored thing in there with a little spray nipple in it.

-r

1 - 8 of 8 Posts