Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With our new Touring, the rearview camera image on the navigation screen appears very fuzzy and out-of-focus. At first, I thought it could just be frost or grime from the road, but after a good cleaning it's still the same. I'm not expecting 5 megapixel quality here, but at times, especially at night, it's almost unusable.

As a former 2008 Ody EX-L owner we had a rear view camera, but the image appeared in the rear view mirror. When clean, the image was super crisp and highly detailed. I wonder, if that was due to the smaller image related to the maximum resolution coming out of the camera.

Any thoughts? Can someone send me a pic of the rearview camera's image? I'll probably take it to the dealership and try a few on the lot to see if they're the same.

·
Registered
9 Posts
honda probably didnt even change the camera, just slapped it on the larger nav screen.

our rearview camera image also seems a bit fuzzy/OOF to me.

·
Registered
13 Posts
the camera on our ody is very clear...i would check a couple of new ones at the dealer...happy motoring...joncar

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Took it to the dealer yesterday and compared apples to apples. Our camera is definitely out of focus compared to the other models on the lot. It's one of those things that you know it doesn't look right, but you don't know how wrong it is until you see it right. Does that make sense? Kind of like putting glasses on for the first time. You don't know how blind you are until you put them on.

I was limited on time, so I setup an appointment for the service department to troubleshoot and potentially replace.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
For the benefit of this thread posting a picture might help the cause better, you might not be alone. An image is worth more than thousand words :)

By the way, good that you got the dealer to check it out!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've been meaning to do just that, but every time I think of it, I'm not near the vehicle. Will try to get it posted in the next day or so.

Strangely, I'm not sure that a picture will really do it justice. When I see those that have posted their images or even the videos of the rearview camera, they don't look exceptionally clear. That's partly why I thought it was the way it was. That's until I saw it in person.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Cwilson336 said:

Strangely, I'm not sure that a picture will really do it justice. When I see those that have posted their images or even the videos of the rearview camera, they don't look exceptionally clear. That's partly why I thought it was the way it was. That's until I saw it in person.
You may then need to take a tour around the US and Canada so we, all Odyclub members, can see it in person. I'll invite you a beer and take you sightseeing on your stop here, word :D

J/k, good luck with the dealer

·
Registered
6 Posts
Camera Blurry

Same issue here - fuzzy and appears like a dirty lens, however, even when cleaned it is totally out of focus. A '10 Fusion Hybrid we have is crystal clear - this camera looks like a circa 1999 webcam. Will post pics.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok, it's being replaced, but we're still waiting on the new camera to arrive at the dealer. In the meantime, here's the promised links to the pictures. I'm not sure that these pictures really do it justice as the camera picks up the pixels of the screen, reflection, etc. At night, the camera is pretty much unusable. Any light refracts and blinds out most of the image, not to mention that the simple lack of focus makes it impossible to make out objects at night.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/_5UKQH4aQqCU/TUooMtGJwCI/AAAAAAAAAEg/iFIq_n7bCVU/s1152/iPhone%202011-Jan-29%20001.JPG

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/_5UKQH4aQqCU/TUooNL-RfVI/AAAAAAAAAEk/bN_6iZFg3AA/s1152/iPhone%202011-Jan-29%20004.JPG

1 - 15 of 15 Posts